Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone hitting 24+psi boost pressure on OTS Stg 3 V400 91 Oct COBB tune?

Hi everyone!

I'm wondering to know if anyone hit 24+PSI boost pressure on OTS Stg3 91Oct V400 COBB tune.

I was getting high peak 21.5 to 22 Psi boost pressure on Stg 2 91oct V301 COBB tune.

I got the CP-E 3" catted DP then switch on Stg 3 tune and I'm now hitting steady 23 up to 24.20 Psi boost pressure 3 gear pull.

I know that average boost pressure for this tune is 22 Psi and I just .

I'm thinking about things:

1- Better spooling from the turbo as per bigger DP = better air flow (3"DP to 2,5" to 3" MBRP exhaust)
or
2- A possible boost leak somewhere and ECU trying to compensate for it.

But before to try to find any boost leak I want to have your opinion on that.

Thanks everyone. I'm not an expert so any advise nor pertinent explanations are allowed!

PS: Injen CAI / MTC IC / CP-E 3" catted DP / MBRP catback exhaust

[rockon]

haste

1000 Post Club
Yeah, I hit 24.39psi on Cobb Stage 3 OTS tune with all the bolt-ons but had the stock DP.

OP
44sg44
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the info haste! I feel less alone now!

A7xogg

24 psi with more timing than stock, sounds alot more fun than a stock car. as long as knock is not an issue which it shouldnt as long as someone has the right mods

Its hot where I am right now so I am just shy of 24psi, but when it drops below 80 I would imagine 24psi will be the normal target.

He's not asking if 24 PSI is "safe" or if other people are tuned to that. He's asking if people are seeing 24 PSI on the Cobb ST3 tune, which has a boost target of 22 PSI. I run that tune and do sometimes see spikes that high, but I also wonder if I have a leak somewhere that is throwing off the ECU. I recently installed a new intercooler and at first had an audible leak. I went back under it and tightened everything down and now it sounds OK, but I do find it will exceed the boost target sometimes and I get some surging at high throttle (less than WOT). Not sure what to make of it, but if anyone with more experience/expertise has suggestions, chime in.

A7xogg

Small turbos boost up fast enough to cause over boost. Happens all the time in the VW world. My last vw would over boost by a couple of psi all the time especially when cooler temperatures