Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

*HMM ....Fiesta Not dead afterall.....still a very good possibility it will live on here in America in 2019*

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
You know what thats not from Fords mouth thats from a site that claims to expert vin decoders and thats what they are basing it . Oh and they had one exc make a vague non commital remakr. Meanwhile in financial news its gets announced that Ford is officially ending the Fiesta next week. You might want to try and start following financial news if you want the real skinny and not speculation.

When you manage investmenrs and have investments to mange you follow stuff and the street gets news quite often before websites and general public.
Fortunately check out Yahoo financial news cause its there and that is more reliable than a vin decoder website that speculates.

You can go on doubting lol. Its not just fleet managers talking.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Lol

Lol much more info if know how to use google. It’s confirmed by ford on the dates for the fiesta and focus....... if remember right weren’t you arguing about there being no fiesta in 2018.....

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Lol much more info if know how to use google. It’s confirmed by ford on the dates for the fiesta and focus....... if remember right weren’t you arguing about there being no fiesta in 2018.....
You know what , first off the only confirm dates were on the vin decode site which was not Ford. Second off Ford has officially said they are killing both cars but its not completely clear when the exact end date is beyond 5tatement of by 2020. Now Yahoo Financial news has reported that the Fiesta is done for by next week. While that Vin decoder site states one more based on their speculation of the vin decode. Followed by one vague statement about the plans for the Fiesta may be up in air.

Hmmm you can bring up ghe fact that in discussion of the 2018 Fiesta fact is due to the fact we were not getting the MK8 in the U.S. it was beleived there would be no more Fiesta’s here in 2018. Though Ford regurgitated the 2017 left overs with back up cameras and called them 2018’s.

Another point i don’t see you posting facts I just seem you talking smack.

Whateve, we will see.

me32

1000 Post Club
You know what , first off the only confirm dates were on the vin decode site which was not Ford. Second off Ford has officially said they are killing both cars but its not completely clear when the exact end date is beyond 5tatement of by 2020. Now Yahoo Financial news has reported that the Fiesta is done for by next week. While that Vin decoder site states one more based on their speculation of the vin decode. Followed by one vague statement about the plans for the Fiesta may be up in air.

Hmmm you can bring up ghe fact that in discussion of the 2018 Fiesta fact is due to the fact we were not getting the MK8 in the U.S. it was beleived there would be no more Fiesta’s here in 2018. Though Ford regurgitated the 2017 left overs with back up cameras and called them 2018’s.

Another point i don’t see you posting facts I just seem you talking smack.

Whateve, we will see.
There will more than likely be a small run of 2019 fiesta. I would look around August/Sept for ordering to be open. Same for the Taurus. Mostly because they are still selling in fleets/law enforcement for Taurus.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I think you have it backwords the Focus will live on one more year. I just got my build date and its last week in May.

My fleet guy said the Fiesta is officially in the grave. He says its the Focus that will have one more year, before turning into a crossover. Plus I am seeing it on dwindling lot numbers all over for 2018 Fiesta’s(and 2017’s left on lots).
I search this stuff and compared to the numbers at this time in 2017 it shows dealers are not stocking or ordering anymore 2018’s than they have.

In Europe both cars will live om because they sell.
Order bank for the Focus closes starting in May, production to end when those orders are built. The Fiesta will have a 2019 MY, but not the Focus. This has been reported on a number of news sites.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Were you as surprised at that timing statement as i was? I would have guessed Fiesta gone first, then Focus. Focus actually has a take rate and dealers stock them. Fiesta is what fills odd corners. Or, maybe Fiesta is going into fleets builds only. Hello Hertz and Budget.
Yeah, it did seem odd to continue the Fiesta for another year while ending the Focus before the replacement was ready. My thought is that the Focus plant is needed for the Ranger/Bronco and can't be kept open for the Focus. The Fiesta plant doesn't have a new product that is needing a plant, so they can keep building cars. The Fiesta plant also supplies Mexico and South America, where I bet the demand for the car is much higher. We just get it for an extra year as a bonus. There will probably be some consumer purchased Fiestas, but agree that the rental fleets are going to get the majority of them.

Very odd! Especially since Wayne assembly is right next door to Michigan assembly. If im correct on the body count here, it looks like Ford will have no immediate product for two North American assembly plants.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Very odd! Especially since Wayne assembly is right next door to Michigan assembly. If im correct on the body count here, it looks like Ford will have no immediate product for two North American assembly plants.
You might be right on that. I used to keep track of what is built where, but kind of stopped as it became clear Ford was heading towards a mobility company instead of a car company. The Ranger/Bronco is going to one of the plants very soon, probably later this year. Another plant gets an autonomous taxi thing, but that has to be further out in the future. Perhaps tooling another plant for more truck production? Not sure.

I once had access to the company subscription key to Automotive News. That publication had alot of production totals and which plants were building what product. Ah the joy of cost containment!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, it did seem odd to continue the Fiesta for another year while ending the Focus before the replacement was ready. My thought is that the Focus plant is needed for the Ranger/Bronco and can't be kept open for the Focus. The Fiesta plant doesn't have a new product that is needing a plant, so they can keep building cars. The Fiesta plant also supplies Mexico and South America, where I bet the demand for the car is much higher. We just get it for an extra year as a bonus. There will probably be some consumer purchased Fiestas, but agree that the rental fleets are going to get the majority of them.
Could Ford keep the Cuautitlan plant open in order to also supply parts of Europe/R.O.W. as well, or do the shipping costs, and those countries' import tariffs prohibit that from happening?

me32

1000 Post Club
Could Ford keep the Cuautitlan plant open in order to also supply parts of Europe/R.O.W. as well, or do the shipping costs, and those countries' import tariffs prohibit that from happening?
I'm sure it's because the plant had a huge inventory of left overs that they are just gonna finish a run to get rid of what they can.

Given the low demand since 2013, i would say that it is not leftovers. Modern, lean production process does not allow for much excess of anything.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Given the low demand since 2013, i would say that it is not leftovers. Modern, lean production process does not allow for much excess of anything.
Yeah, and that also does not leave much of an inventory of parts for U.S. who already own one, and might need something supplied 'dealer/manufacturer ONLY' (i.e.; NO aftermarket) in the future. [mad] [:(]

Yeah, and that also does not leave much of an inventory of parts for U.S. who already own one, and might need something supplied 'dealer/manufacturer ONLY' (i.e.; NO aftermarket) in the future. [mad] [:(]
Believe it or not the service parts are often seeded into the system before the car even goes on sale. Whole floorpans, bodyshell sides and uncoated frame rails are never offered in the same condition as the raw stampings that feed an assembly line bodyshop. Nowdays virtually everything is a vendor part. So, some things like catalysts and throttle bodies are often vendor shipped. I have personally experienced that. Especially with current production vehicles.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Yes, Scotman2 is 100% correct. I wouldn't be too worried about getting replacement parts.

As for using the plant in Mexico to supply European or Asian markets, the cars are too different and I doubt demand is high enough in those countries that the local plants can't supply.

Parts availability is not going to be much of an issue for at least five years. I just bought an 11 Se hatch. That has light rear damage with 72k for 800 bucks. So in many cases a whole car can be had pretty cheaply.