Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb AP N00B question.

When buying a used AP V3, does it have to be specific to your vehicle, or could I buy one from someone that has a FoST and clear those maps and put the FiST maps on it?

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
It needs to be specific to your vehicle.
I know the speed3's and 6's could swap over, but they share the same exact engine.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I know it is married to your VIN when installed I did not know it had to be model specific.. good to know

The COBB unit will be married to your vehicle, but you can always uninstall it and unmarry it from the vehicle in order to re-install on another vehicle. Mind you if it's not unmarried, it'll be useless, it wont register on a new vehicle.

Got new ones here so you don't have to worry about it if you're interested:

*Cobb AccessPORT V3 ECU Flash Tuner Ford Fiesta ST (AP3-FOR-001-UP)

Hope that helps :)

OP
G
Thread Starter #8
The COBB unit will be married to your vehicle, but you can always uninstall it and unmarry it from the vehicle in order to re-install on another vehicle. Mind you if it's not unmarried, it'll be useless, it wont register on a new vehicle.

Got new ones here so you don't have to worry about it if you're interested:

*Cobb AccessPORT V3 ECU Flash Tuner Ford Fiesta ST (AP3-FOR-001-UP)

Hope that helps :)
I wasnt talking about it being unmarried from one vehicle and married to another, but buying an AP that was originally mapped to a completely different vehicle. So far it seems the responses are split. It would be nice to see someone from Cobb step in to give a definitive aswer.

I wasnt talking about it being unmarried from one vehicle and married to another, but buying an AP that was originally mapped to a completely different vehicle. So far it seems the responses are split. It would be nice to see someone from Cobb step in to give a definitive aswer.
Why wait for a response? Just call COBB.

OP
G
Thread Starter #10
According to the Cobb website:
An AccessPORT can be uninstalled from a vehicle by selecting the Uninstall option from the main menu of the AccessPORT. Once this process is complete, the AccessPORT can be installed on any other vehicle that particular part number supports. If an AccessPORT has not been uninstalled from the previous vehicle, or the previous vehicle was totaled or stolen, the AccessPORT can be relicensed, or reset back to an uninstalled state. Please contact our support team for more information about this process.

From this, it looks like it is not possible to install the AP on a different model as it is most likely a different part number.

OP
G
Thread Starter #11
UPDATE: After talking to Cobb and ordering my own, the FiST and FoST use the SAME AP. It will identify which car you have and show you the maps available. This can be helpful if anyone needs to save some money and can find a used FoST AP. Just make sure that it is unmarried from the sellers car. Hope that helps.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
FiST AP and FoST AP are built into the same AP, Just unmarry it and reinstall on FiST, as long as they both run the same Pt No. AP3-FOR-001

OP
G
Thread Starter #13
FiST AP and FoST AP are built into the same AP, Just unmarry it and reinstall on FiST, as long as they both run the same Pt No. AP3-FOR-001
Yeah, basically what I said above... where were you last week when I needed this answer? Sheesh! :b