Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Horn not working

pixelzombie

I have a 2016 ST (US version) and the horn is not working. There's no fuse listed in the manual and all the other online sources regarding fuses have not worked either. When I push on the horn all I hear is a clicking noise on the passenger side down in the area of the interior fuse box. There's no relay like there is on the Focus so I'm guessing my next step it to clean the contacts in the horn itself which is a common problem from what I've read.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Take the cable off the horn and test it with a continuity light meter, the one that lights up when you stick it in an outlet. You can find them at home Depot for 10 bucks or less. If you have voltage its your horn. The fuse is f26 in the battery junction box. It also shares load from the body control module and battery saver functions.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Or apply direct power to the Horn itself to rule that it does or doesn't work with a small lawn and garden battery or The vehicle battery itself!

Horn probably has water damage, I had to replace mine last year and it was nice a corroded at the contacts. Cleaning the contacts worked for about week then failed again.

OP
pixelzombie

pixelzombie

Thread Starter #6
Take the cable off the horn and test it with a continuity light meter, the one that lights up when you stick it in an outlet. You can find them at home Depot for 10 bucks or less. If you have voltage its your horn. The fuse is f26 in the battery junction box. It also shares load from the body control module and battery saver functions.

My vehicle has no fuse in F26. Is it possible to get at the horn from the bottom of the car if I put it on ramps? I don't feel like taking out the light assembly if I don't have to at this point.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Taking out the headlamp assembly is one of the most simplest things to do. It is two bolts and one clip. FYI.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
My vehicle has no fuse in F26. Is it possible to get at the horn from the bottom of the car if I put it on ramps? I don't feel like taking out the light assembly if I don't have to at this point.
It's under the hood in the fuse box.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Also, we have like 3 fuse boxes if your confused how I got that. I think there's 2 seperate ones behind the glove box or maybe 1 on driver's side and 1 under the hood. Sorry I'm not in my car right now, it's kind of fed up right now haha.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I actually didn't read that correctly the first time.... Hm maybe trying putting one in there?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
That's not the right fuse box for a 2016. That is the fuse box on the engine compartment and it's only good for STs 2014-2015. That fuse box in the 2016+ looks a bit smaller and narrower
Thanks man. I didn't even know they changed em. Sorry I couldn't be any help to the op. Hope you figure it out.

OP
pixelzombie

pixelzombie

Thread Starter #14
I checked that fuse and it's fine. In my owners manual it does not list the horn under any fuse location.
Are you able to check for voltage?

Also, I only have the manual for the 2014 and I'm not sure how different these diagrams are going to be for your 2016 but maybe this can help you troubleshoot the issue
1574365770686.png

I would start checking the connections and making sure they are good. If that doesn't help, you can download the workshop manual from this thread and go through the troubleshooting process of checking for open circuits, voltage etc...
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/service-manuals.8653/page-2

Again, keep in mind that what I sent you and that workshop manual is for a 2014 so things may be different for your 2016

OP
pixelzombie

pixelzombie

Thread Starter #16
Are you able to check for voltage?

Also, I only have the manual for the 2014 and I'm not sure how different these diagrams are going to be for your 2016 but maybe this can help you troubleshoot the issue
View attachment 25419

I would start checking the connections and making sure they are good. If that doesn't help, you can download the workshop manual from this thread and go through the troubleshooting process of checking for open circuits, voltage etc...
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/service-manuals.8653/page-2

Again, keep in mind that what I sent you and that workshop manual is for a 2014 so things may be different for your 2016
That's very cool, I need to find a manual for my year. Electronic is a bit of a weak point for me So I'll have to investigate further on youtube. I found info on another forum and that person mentioned a Multifunction Control Module (AV1T-15K600-LK) as being the culprit. He never followed up though if that fixed the horn problem for him.

HaveBlue83

My horn died as well. I believe the horn onnthe wheel died and then soon aftr the lock function horn stopped as well. Annoying.

Horns fire when removed & direct battery power aplied.

Relay clicks when pushing on the steering wheel horn.

So im assuming its a half dead relay? I gotta rig up a light and see if im.getting power @ the horns....i assume not, obv.

Where is the relay, under the dash somewhere?

EDIT NVM THE STUPID THING WORKS NOW. literally just needed removed and reinstalled. It was a lil crappy when it firdt was tested....wondering if maybe it needed direct batt voltage to clear some crap out????

CSM

1000 Post Club
LMAO sounds like mine. My horn died a while back, and then I remember hitting a shitty pothole in Atlanta and BOOM, horn worked just fine. Fine ever since :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: