Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My Horn Would Not Work Until I Actually Started to Use It

I started noticing that, even though it's mildly irritating, my horn stopped double honking upon closing the door.

Oddly enough, the way I was able to help the horn work again was to simply lay on it until it started to sound once again.

Any guesses what was going on here? I thought the fuse was blown, but obviously it's not... I thought that I needed to change the key fob battery, but I knew it probably wasn't the root cause.

I considered disconnecting the battery to rule out any electrical gremlins, but ultimately, I didn't since it started working as stated above.

I have a few theories: perhaps the relay was... stuck? I don't know if that's a real possibility. Was there pollen, spiderwebs, or water obstructing the horn itself? I never use the horn, so that might be why this happened to begin with.

I'd love to hear your feedback about what may have occurred.