Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How can I turn off/disable the DRL on Canadian Spec car?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if it is possible to use the amber turn signals as DRL’s? On the US spec cars, you can turn the headlight knob to “parking lights”, and use the fog lights and amber parking lights/turn signals as DRL’s. On the Canadian spec cars, the only way to disable the low beam DRL is to pull the handbrake. Would it be possible to disable the low beam DRL’s entirely, or to use the amber parking/turn signal lights without having the handbrake on?

I was not able to find a fuse for the DRL’s

Here is what I’m trying to achieve: 269032BD-BFD0-4591-B186-DB80D793417C.jpeg

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I suspect you can make the modification via ForScan software. Driving with parking lights on is illegal in most states but many people do it anyways.

Dialcaliper

Amusingly, I did the opposite using Forscan, because I *wanted* the low beam DRL function. It’s a simple setting in the configuration. There’s no option in there to use the parking lights - you can just turn “dipped beams” DRLs on or off. There are also options for the Euro style headlights with DRLs but our car lacks some of the wiring, so it’s not a drop-in solution.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
On the US car there was a DRL relay that you could disable.