Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How does everyone like their Fiesta ST

Hello everyone I would like to first thank you for taking the time to read and possibly help me out. I'm looking at buying a brand new fully loaded ST. I was just wondering how does everyone like theirs and if they've noticed anything wrong or wish it had something that maybe yours didn't come with. I'm driving a 08 GTI now and was looking at the new ST thinking it would be a cool car to have fun with since the new GTIs are way too expensive. Would you stay with the Fiesta ST or go for a Focus ST? Any input will really help me. Thank you, Ron

I've only had mine for 3 months, but I love it. The interior will feel cheap compared to a GTI, but it's actually pretty good for the money. Definitely way nicer interior than my 2009 Z06, lol. Driving dynamics are excellent...it's super easy to drive and toss around, and overall I think this is the most fun I've had in a car. The fact that it's as practical as it is, and cheap to own, are huge pluses. I'm 100% happy with mine and would buy another one again in a heartbeat.

I've only had mine for a couple of weeks, but this is the first car I've owned since I was a teenager that I'll go for a drive with no destination in mind because it's just so fun to drive. I'm 49 by the way.

Had mine about 6 months, the FiST is the best car I've owned by far. More smiles per gallon than any other car you can buy

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Like mine. 25000 miles on it and only real complaint is the paint sucks imo. I even got the optional paint that's suppose to be better but still chips like crazy.

OP
B
Thread Starter #10
Thank you guys, I'm looking at getting the pearl white with black wheels and it looks and drives amazing. I will definitely keep you posted

I'm only at 1400 miles in mine but the only complaint is, even with keeping my foot out of it, the mpg is pretty bad(24 all city driving) for what it is.

I'm only at 1400 miles in mine but the only complaint is, even with keeping my foot out of it, the mpg is pretty bad(24 all city driving) for what it is.
I could care less about MPG and I do a lot of waiting in traffic as well as city driving with a little bit of actual highway driving where I'm not sitting. I get an average of 28MPG for daily driving. I get 33MPG average highway. I have managed to get 41MPG before, but it wasn't what I would want to do again (just seeing what I could get).

As for my car the only problem I've had with it in the 8ish months I've had it is that there is a cooling fan relay recall and that relay took a dump on me and my car overheated yesterday. I had an appointment to get it fixed Monday and I've got it temporarily fixed with a generic relay. Everything else has been great. 9800 miles currently. I did my research on the car I wanted to get to make sure it's what I wanted to get.

I came from an Audi Q7 so mileage was definitely something I was looking for, especially since we pay an average of $.30/gal more than the rest of the country. Like I said though, aside from this minor under-performance versus what's advertised, I dig the car.

Thank you guys, I'm looking at getting the pearl white with black wheels and it looks and drives amazing. I will definitely keep you posted
Hey BigRon, I literally just picked up my 2016 pearl white with black wheels and black stripes yesterday.
It is the most fun (normal) car I've had since I sold my 2007 Ariel Atom.
I obviously will agree with you about your color choice, that the pearl white with the cars black wheels and accents (mirrors, grills, window trim etc. really contrast well. Best color combo for sure. Tinting the windows also helps with the look.
Another bonus with the black wheels is that they don't show the nasty brake dust.
I think the black stripes make it more sports looking.
Good luck.

LILIKE16ST

I have owned my nearly 2 months and 3500 miles now: 2016 shadow black black wheel option and nav and I love it. I drive in towns part of the time...some on the highway some in 35-55 zones just cruising..I am fairly easy on the pedal in normal driving and change gears around 2000-2200 rpm usually but I usually have several full throttle jaunts per tank where I redline 3-4 gears and slow down and occasionally some spirited driving on back roads for s few minutes. Driving like this I was averaging between 27.2 mpg for an entire tank up to a high of 28.9 (little more highway driving and was easy on it the majority of the time during that tank as well) last week I installed my Livernois 93 octane tune and I got on it a lot that tank testing it out...still managed 26.2 mpg average same type of driving mix (highway city back road etc) and last tank I drove more like I did when I averaged 27.2 and got 29.3...its not an exact scientific test but based on what I've seen I've gained a couple mpgs going from stock to having the tune/k&n drop in combo. Considering how much quicker the car is and more fun to drive that is just plain awesome. I hate to sound like a fan boy but I HIGHLY recommend Livernois those guys know what they're doing with eco boost cars. I have no doubts if I kept it easy the whole time I could get over 30 no problem same type of mix but with a tune its hard to stay out of it all the time lol. With this much fun and smiles I'm more than happy with over 29 mpg average considering I'm not exactly babying it the entire time. I love my car and I wouldnt have gotten anything different its exactly how I wanted it other than the all seasons (would have rather had the bridge stone summers but I can't complain as everything else is exactly like I wanted and I got a pretty good deal with no money down and 0% financing through Ford credit and these all seasons stick pretty good considering) all in all I'm extremely happy with mine...gas is good insurance is cheap it is practical unique and fun to drive and once tuned its fairly quick for what it is.

1500 miles so far, just after two months of ownership. Was a blast to drive for the first month, but unluckily i'm having a strange issue. There's a strange whistling sound, almost like a tea-kettle, that intermittently appears while on longer drives. Nothing triggers it, it's affected by acceleration and initally relevant in the 50-60mph zone, but continues to be more relevant all the way down to 30~ish after awhile, soudning almost metallic-ey... Dropping it off at the dealer for service today, after they claimed to fix the problem once already (being the driver's side FMIC hose clamp coming loose). Hopefully something comes of this.

Regardless, i'm still enjoying the car. Anyone else on the forum would probably tell you FiST over FoST any day, but test drive them both and make the decision yourself! And then once you've made that decision, try it with recaros and without. They're definitely not for everyone, like myself. I didn't enjoy em' after a 10 minute test drive, so a 30 minute commute to work 5-6 times a week would drive me nuts. That's honestly what it comes down to. Something about the fiesta had a lot more "Spirit" than the focus to be honest, which is why i chose it.

Good luck with everything!

I have only had my FiST for a couple days now. Really really fun to drive, all the review I read online really got me convinced that I had to drive one to see what they were all talking about. I'm glad I did, few days later sold my CTS-V and got a FiST with 36k miles for only 16k :)

Previous cars I've owned were DSM's, Subaru's, ae86's, 240sx's, R33 Nissan Skyline, 350z(supercharged), FR-S(Supercharged) CTS-V.

Not really been a FWD car guy ever, the closest I got was a b16a ek civic hatch I had for 6 months that I bought to re-sell. I got to say though all the reviews that say when driven at the limit this doesn't feel like a fwd car are 100% right. It really doesn't. It is fantastic to drive, Honestly it feels a little weird driving a ford and having the interior quality be what it is, but the actual driving part is a blast and I can't wait to get this on the track.

Waterfan

6k miles/8 months in my 2014 CPO. For me, still the perfect marriage of head and heart:
-I don't think there is better useable/streetable performance at any price point (and certainly not available for less)
-"More smiles per mile"
-Amazing mpg for the performance (70 mph hwy cruising yields me 34-38 mpg)
-Dirt cheap to maintain, and modify, relatively speaking (coming from a lifelong VW habit)
-Compact size / Lighter weight makes it all the more fun vs. larger options
-Practical hatchback design optimizes use of limited interior space. (it's just my daily driver)
-Helpful and friendly community :)
-Rare enough that it is special, but not flashy

and on and on...

I've only had mine 3 weeks....I can safely say, this is the most fun I've had in a car within the last 5 years. It's quite fun to drive, after you reach the end of the break-in period. It hasn't been long and I've already got 1100 miles on it. I've taken it on two pushy drives so far and it's a blast! Good mpg, good control-ability, wont break any speed records so you can romp on it if you'd like and not get into too much trouble and it's a decent balanced car. My only complaints have been the absolute crap, stock rear motor mount and the cup holder being to close to the e-brake...you can't have too big of a cup or it gets slightly annoying. Ford did a good job. I absolutely love mine.