Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

how many north american fiesta st sold?

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
No, but I have a car that will hold its value and my grandkids can fight over who gets it, I doubt it will ever leave the family. Even my daughter has one. Keeping miles low defeats the purpose of having it.

It’s not gonna hold it’s value........ it’s gonna lose value and no one can tell you what it will be worth in future. Just enjoy it for what it is. It isn’t some Mr norm car or anything.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
What has you so upset? I have never claimed anything other than common sense that it will be worth more money than a car modded with non street legal stuff. Where I live we get inspected EVERY year, I don't want to fight to get it passed every year.......neither do many others. I am guessing you live where you can do what you want with a vehicle, I don't. Buying a car you can't get a tag for makes it pretty hard to sell in my area! Why does that upset you so much?

It’s not gonna hold it’s value........ it’s gonna lose value and no one can tell you what it will be worth in future. Just enjoy it for what it is. It isn’t some Mr norm car or anything.
IDK, I think a clean "reasonably" low mileage FiST will probably be worth a fair amount way down the line. I only say this because I have been on the lookout for a clean Fox Body GT Hardtop for a while now and, when it comes to 87-93 Mustangs, I only find 2 types; ragged out beaters or pristine examples going for $15k+. And really, back in the day NO ONE would have thought one of these would be worth a damn thing (outside of 93 Cobra/R).

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
IDK, I think a clean "reasonably" low mileage FiST will probably be worth a fair amount way down the line. I only say this because I have been on the lookout for a clean Fox Body GT Hardtop for a while now and, when it comes to 87-93 Mustangs, I only find 2 types; ragged out beaters or pristine examples going for $15k+. And really, back in the day NO ONE would have thought one of these would be worth a damn thing (outside of 93 Cobra/R).
That was my point......5-10 years from now it will be the same for the FiST, beaters and nice ones. But because of their low prices and cheap mods many more beaters than nice ones. Our car will never be an expensive car but as the lowest entry price to the Ford Performance line and the world wide love affair the few sold in the USA will always have a market for collectors.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
No one is mad. I just don’t agree with you thinking cause added mountune stuff to it that it’s gonna be the holy grail of fist. I have seen you post this multiple times on here like you have some super rare car. How much are clean svt focus and svt contours worth right now??? These were very desirable ford cars back In day. If anything I think certain colors like green envy will be worth more than a mountune add on car. Nothing saying the cars won’t be worth something sooner or later. It’s not gonna be 5-10 years from
Now though.In that time they will be worth next to nothing imo.

Lol agree to disagree right ;)

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
No one is mad. I just don’t agree with you thinking cause added mountune stuff to it that it’s gonna be the holy grail of fist. I have seen you post this multiple times on here like you have some super rare car. How much are clean svt focus and svt contours worth right now??? These were very desirable ford cars back In day. If anything I think certain colors like green envy will be worth more than a mountune add on car. Nothing saying the cars won’t be worth something sooner or later. It’s not gonna be 5-10 years from
Now though.In that time they will be worth next to nothing imo.

Lol agree to disagree right ;)
You seem to not understand the legal aspect to the Mountune therefore you can't understand why someone would be willing to pay more for the highest legal horsepower FiST than a green painted one, LOL!

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
"it"? "Every other"? Why would any company build an AP they can buy? Did Cobb do the tune? Did Cobb do the fresh air intake? Did Cobb get it certified with EPA and CARB? NO! Is Cobb street legal in ALL 50 states? NO! Did Ford install and warrant Cobb? NO! People that know cars know a street legal factory tuned car is worth more than one that is not. What "collector" down the road will want a cult car like ours that is not legal to drive? The point being that I will get the money spent on it back in spades from people that care about being legal or live in areas like I do where you are emissions tested. Every day non street legal modded FiST's will be a dime a dozen or a nickel for the ragged out half ass modded ones and will be a different market than collectors looking to own an original. In many places a used car dealer will not touch a modded car as they have to provide by law a car that passes emission inspections even individuals in some places.This means they will be difficult to sell unlike a legal Mountune. Thanks for your opinion we just see it differently.
LOL. A low-mile stock FiST with Recaros might become a collectible like 5.0 LX fox.

That Mountune nonsense is wishfull thinking. Most muscle cars are being modded with modern parts all the time. Only uber-rare factory Hemi mopars and such are trading for big money.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You seem to not understand the legal aspect to the Mountune therefore you can't understand why someone would be willing to pay more for the highest legal horsepower FiST than a green painted one, LOL!
I live in North Carolina we have emissions inspections every year as long as you don't have a check engine light, and you can pass the OBD2 scan you are fine.

What tune you run does not matter in NC.
legal or illegal does not matter to me when it comes to a tune, and I would never buy a white car.

I don't understand the legal thing never been a concern to me, and you live in Tennessee which is well not California.
We just don't see the world the way you do but that's okay.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
LOL. A low-mile stock FiST with Recaros might become a collectible like 5.0 LX fox.

That Mountune nonsense is wishfull thinking. Most muscle cars are being modded with modern parts all the time. Only uber-rare factory Hemi mopars and such are trading for big money.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Oh, I'm sure somebody would rather have a recaro seat than more legal horsepower........somewhere, somebody.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Oh, I'm sure somebody would rather have a recaro seat than more legal horsepower........somewhere, somebody.
I hope you didn't spend your 401k/retirement on this "future collectible" in hopes it would turn some massive profit.

Edit: I take it back.

A Mountune-equipped Fiesta is gonna fetch big bucks like all those Yenko Camaros/Holman-Moody tuned Ford's!

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I live in North Carolina we have emissions inspections every year as long as you don't have a check engine light, and you can pass the OBD2 scan you are fine.

What tune you run does not matter in NC.
legal or illegal does not matter to me when it comes to a tune, and I would never buy a white car.

I don't understand the legal thing never been a concern to me, and you live in Tennessee which is well not California.
We just don't see the world the way you do but that's okay.

I live in one of 4 Counties in TN that have annual inspections. They even visually check your Cat and pressure test your gas cap. They stick sniffers in tailpipes of older cars here. Our 3 local Ford dealers suck and can be a-holes over mods. So yes being legal and keeping your Warranty is important here and since I travel lots I wanted no BS at any Ford dealer if I needed warranty service.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I live in one of 4 Counties in TN that have annual inspections. They even visually check your Cat and pressure test your gas cap. They stick sniffers in tailpipes of older cars here. Our 3 local Ford dealers suck and can be a-holes over mods. So yes being legal and keeping your Warranty is important here and since I travel lots I wanted no BS at any Ford dealer if I needed warranty service.
I understand your warranty concerns, but at the end of the day five years is all you got.
That doesn't sound like a bad inspection so make sure you have a catalytic converter, and a gas cap that doesn't leak.
That's why I don't understand your legal concern. To each their own I just don't get it.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I understand your warranty concerns, but at the end of the day five years is all you got.
That doesn't sound like a bad inspection so make sure you have a catalytic converter, and a gas cap that doesn't leak.
That's why I don't understand your legal concern. To each their own I just don't get it.

Ya all these people are like don”t mod before your warranty is up. My car is already over a year and a quarter old, Time is flying by and I have 8 years to do what I want before I have to smog. Why wait till 5 years to mod. Lol
On top of that I agree the Mountune deal might be special to some Uber geek guy but in 15 to 20 years they will be happy just to get a FiST seriously its like 20k max were made.
That pretty much means to a lot of people it will be obscure and worthless.
At twenty years it might have some value at 5-10 it will be worth less . The only reasons 240sx’s started to get some value was because of the drift tax due to the Fast and Furious if it was not for that film the kids would never have discovered it.
The FiST would need something like that to prop it into value in 10 years and realize that Nissan sold close to 170K of S13 240sx’s.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I hope you didn't spend your 401k/retirement on this "future collectible" in hopes it would turn some massive profit.

Edit: I take it back.

A Mountune-equipped Fiesta is gonna fetch big bucks like all those Yenko Camaros/Holman-Moody tuned Ford's!
No. I don't think these will be collector cars as much as enthusiast cars. They were really popular with car journalists, and I never read a bad review. They all praised the handling and sporty feel. FiSTs also seem to be reliable, with the older ones doing lots of miles now, without too many serious issues.
The car has a good reputation. It's a true hot hatch, developed by Ford Performance, and way more fun and practical than comparable cars.

Given the fat aftermarket, it's a fair bet most have been modded, so a pristine, totally stock FiST would be a rare car. I mean, how many companies are selling big turbo kits for these? More than one. Somebody's buying them.

The MP215 was sold and sorta warrantied by Ford, themselves. It's the "official" tune, and it's problem-free. Set it and forget it. If you want more power than that, you have to get an intercooler and maybe some other bits.
People who get it say, "It's how it should have come from the factory." They also say that about shift kits and RMMs. They're right.

It'll never be a "collectible" in the 429 Mustang sort of way. But, anyone who knows cars will know the FiST is special, and there aren't that many of them.
In 5-10 years, it'll be popular with people who want a fun, economical DD, and might like to try a little canyon carving or autocross on the weekends without breaking the bank. It'll certainly hold its value better than a base Fiesta. How well remains to be seen.

Last edited:

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club

In the past 5 years our family has paid out over $3000 for failed inspections. I don't know what OBD parameters the inspection checks now but I was told they do not currently look for tunes. My daughters POS Audi failed 4 years in a row. As to the warranty that was the reason for the Mountune purchase was HP without warranty headaches for 5 years anywhere I am at. 90% of my mileage is travel.

1.6 EB will be revered at some point. If modded with Mountune parts and 4 port injection probably someone will realize the owner didn’t cheapout and the car has clean valves. When the car cover gets pulled off in 20 years it will most likely be me pulling it off. If not I hope whoever it is gets a stiffy.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
In the past 5 years our family has paid out over $3000 for failed inspections. I don't know what OBD parameters the inspection checks now but I was told they do not currently look for tunes. My daughters POS Audi failed 4 years in a row. As to the warranty that was the reason for the Mountune purchase was HP without warranty headaches for 5 years anywhere I am at. 90% of my mileage is travel.
That is some bullshit. NC a inspection is max $30 no fine of any kind. The fine is they don't pass it, and you won't be able to renew your registration.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
That is some bullshit. NC a inspection is max $30 no fine of any kind. The fine is they don't pass it, and you won't be able to renew your registration.

Where did you see the word fine in my posts? Don't make up crap dude.