Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people think the Fiesta / Fiesta ST will come back to North America one day?

How many people think the Fiesta / Fiesta ST will come back to North America one day?

• Yes in 4-5 years

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Yes in 6-10 years

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Yes but over 10 years

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Never

Votes: 37 52.9%

• Total voters
I just don't understand how the Veloster N gets the interior black marks, from numerous people that have mentioned it here, while we're driving around in Fiesta STs. What is soft touch in a FiST barring that patch on the door? I mean, I just bought a padded armrest, due to arrive today.

I love my FiST, but my 99 Camry has a better interior, barring infotainment.

To the subject: Americans really don't do hot hatches. Big Country, big muscle, big power, memorable names like Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, Corvette etc etc. Even the guys that aren't so much into those got a little bit more snobbery going on with the bigger Euro Cars and high end Japanese. A 'coked out shitbox' isn't even on their radar, not matter how fun it is.

A shame. Europe gets it. Fiesta STs and it rivals sell like hot cakes there.

It's a cycle, they'll be back.

I've been into Foci since 05 and lived through no first gen RS, no euro 2nd gen at all, then when the economy tanked, etc etc. The last decade has been amazing for Ford performance fans. It's a shame to see it end. Itll take a gas crunch or a change in management but the small cars will be back.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The Hyundai Veloster N
Was the winner for the 2020 performance car of the year in road & track magazine.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

HBEcoBeaST

I just don't understand how the Veloster N gets the interior black marks, from numerous people that have mentioned it here, while we're driving around in Fiesta STs. What is soft touch in a FiST barring that patch on the door? I mean, I just bought a padded armrest, due to arrive today.

I love my FiST, but my 99 Camry has a better interior, barring infotainment.

To the subject: Americans really don't do hot hatches. Big Country, big muscle, big power, memorable names like Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, Corvette etc etc. Even the guys that aren't so much into those got a little bit more snobbery going on with the bigger Euro Cars and high end Japanese. A 'coked out shitbox' isn't even on their radar, not matter how fun it is.

A shame. Europe gets it. Fiesta STs and it rivals sell like hot cakes there.
Sit in a Veloster N vs a fiesta St. Interior quality is arguably the same and the Veloster n costs ~$10 grand more. The seats are decent, everything else feels flimsy. A fiesta you know the inside is junk because it's a $20grand car. Around $30k we should have some standards unless it's a stripped down track special which the Veloster N isn't.

My dad has the latest gen Azera. I know Hyundai can do quality interiors for the price.

Just my opinion [emoji1744]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

pixelzombie

I'd like to think in 5 years, but small cars aren't big sellers in the states and people are more than happy to overpay for suv's, trucks and sedans. I wonder how an electric FiST would feel and drive?

The interesting thing is, have there been any truly bad EVs introduced in say the last 5 years? The total cost of ownership isn't that different now between gas vs. EVs. That said, gas is obviously extraordinarily cheap right now. I can't see any reason why people aren't interested in EVs for say 1 car in a 2 car household. Consumers don't seem interested in changing.
Mitsubishi Miev and Nissan Leaf come to mind as not great EV's. Neither of them have much range and are both pretty crude on creature comforts. They might not be exactly "shitty", but they don't have much to offer as a value for the average person.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Around $30k we should have some standards unless it's a stripped down track special which the Veloster N isn't.
At that price point, for that car's given purposes, it should also have fixed calipers for at least the front brakes as well.
The performance option is a disgrace for not having these as part of their 'package'. [:(]

Considering the Mach e is reportedly sold out I think that it won't fail. Mach e customers are non enthusiasts comparing crossovers from Hyundai and the model Y from Tesla. I see it hard for the Mach e to fail regardless how I feel about it.

Cars are dead. People want self driving, cheap to maintain, big boxes to roll around in. EVs crossovers are the answer for them.

Ford sold tens of thousands of Powershift Fiesta's. When they couldn't do an effective repair for the first three years, it torched the reputation of the Fiesta. Just substitute "Fiesta" for "Mach E" and Powershift transaxle for any other impediment to a high level of functionality that will be expected of a car in the Mach E price range. The Goodwill of the customer will evaporate after the third week behind the wheel of a loaner Escape.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'd like to think in 5 years, but small cars aren't big sellers in the states and people are more than happy to overpay for suv's, trucks and sedans. I wonder how an electric FiST would feel and drive?
Sadly, if they are going to have to take an electric ride anyway, most 'bigger is better' mentality 'murricunz' will opt for their road tanks anyway, since there is less of a running cost penalty for a 3 ton behemoth vs. an econobox, in electric vs. an I.C.E. [:(]

Sit in a Veloster N vs a fiesta St. Interior quality is arguably the same and the Veloster n costs ~$10 grand more. The seats are decent, everything else feels flimsy. A fiesta you know the inside is junk because it's a $20grand car. Around $30k we should have some standards unless it's a stripped down track special which the Veloster N isn't.

My dad has the latest gen Azera. I know Hyundai can do quality interiors for the price.

Just my opinion [emoji1744]

I have sat in one, and didn't have a problem with it. Nor has most any of the reviews I've read. It bore mentioning that it was 'Spartan' but certainly not painful.

Mitsubishi Miev and Nissan Leaf come to mind as not great EV's. Neither of them have much range and are both pretty crude on creature comforts. They might not be exactly "shitty", but they don't have much to offer as a value for the average person.
They didn't come out in the last 5 years. The second gen leaf seems pretty competitive.