Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Howdy from West Texas

Hello,

Just picked up a silver 2014 Fiesta ST. It's a weekend runabout for me as I drive a company vehicle through the week. Seemed to be the best car in the segment all around and luckily one of the cheapest too.

It's not in the greatest cosmetic condition, but I got such a deal on it that I'll be able to afford to clean her up a bit. Looking forward to teaching my boys to wrench on this thing in the near future.

20201020_191653.jpg

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
The paint on these cars chips if you look at it wrong. Something about it being water-based or something.

It responds to a good cleanup as well as anything else. Some people get ceramic coating, others use other stuff.

A little scrub 'n rub will spiff it right up. Well, anyway, this car is fun because it handles like a go cart, and it'll carry whatever any Fiesta can carry. It's not impractical like a sports car. Fold down the seats, and you can fit a lot of crap back there. You can put a rack on top, if you're into biking, surfing, skiing, etc. Can't do that with a BRZ.

I can add that it feels very stable at 120. I can't say that about a lot of cars. Hell, most of the cars I've had couldn't do 120. :LOL:

Don't go 120 if you have bikes on the roof. Enjoy your eager little car. It's special.

Hello,
Good to see another Texan in the group. I've had my little silver beast for about five years (bought her new) and its been a problem free and fun ride - mostly on the weekends. In true TX fashion, my daily driver is a truck.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Welcome to the machine.

Wash, poly/clay bar, (then polish if that bad), finish w/BlackFire Paint Sealant, 3 coats. It's incredible stuff. I wish I could get referral fees. I used it for a decade on my old V70 and use it on my FiST and wheels I just had powder coated. They are so slick, they will fall out of your hand. I put about 7 coats on them...i lost count. I'll do the factory wheels next spring.

BLACKFIRE Paint Sealant is a premium paint sealant designed for the perfectionist. It creates an extremely slick finish and incredible depth with a revolutionary blend of three incredible polymers. Sourced from Germany and Switzerland, these polymers have a protective quality and depth of gloss that surpassed all others tested. BLACKFIRE Paint Sealant refracts light, similar to a diamond, to create a vibrant, super slippery, head-turning finish.