Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HPDE/Time Attack build

Update: Car is still in my shop, no interested buyers yet. I feel like $10.5k is a steal for this car but it's winter here. Maybe I'll have better luck in March/April. Also the car needs a unique buyer that understands the value of a well sorted track first, street second car.

I waiver between keeping the car/going further and selling it. I have so many parts on the shelf to make this car faster but they are just sitting until I make a decision - at least one mod I have an idea for hasn't been done on this platform and I have all the parts for it waiting. I've also thought about getting it state inspected and driving it more often.

I've owned 50ish different cars in my life, and this is the only car I've owned more than once - three different Fiestas to be exact. I love the car but I love cars in general, I typically find something endearing about a car and enjoy the drive. I had a Neon SRT-4 back in the day when they were new, that's the only car I regret selling. I'm wondering if I'd feel the same way about this platform. But on the flipside, there are opportunities I haven't tried yet. My current stable consists of a Kia minivan (wife's daily), Focus sedan automatic (my daily), low mileage first gen Tacoma (restoration and occasional daily), low mileage 2nd gen Crown Vic (daily beater/loaner).

Decisions decisions...
Sorry to hear it hasn’t sold yet. Im in CT so I feel your winter pains. If i wasn't so deep into modifying mine I definitely would've been all over your car. Hopefully the right buyer will come along soon for you. Im curious as to what this secret unknown never done mod is?🍽️🍿😎

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #182
Sorry to hear it hasn’t sold yet. Im in CT so I feel your winter pains. If i wasn't so deep into modifying mine I definitely would've been all over your car. Hopefully the right buyer will come along soon for you. Im curious as to what this secret unknown never done mod is?🍽️🍿😎
Not really secret, I think I've mentioned it before? Not sure. I'm going to cut out/flatten the spare tire well, re-route the evap system, and do a 3" bumper center exit exhaust with a remote muffler valve/actuator. Not really any going back from that mod which is why I need to decide what to do.

Not really secret, I think I've mentioned it before? Not sure. I'm going to cut out/flatten the spare tire well, re-route the evap system, and do a 3" bumper center exit exhaust with a remote muffler valve/actuator. Not really any going back from that mod which is why I need to decide what to do.
That is going to be epic when it happens. Ive definitely yet to see that. Cant wait to read the write up on this mod!!!!

If I had $10.5k lying around I'd be all over it as a dedicated track car. I've flown out and driven back for one Fiesta, I wouldn't mind doing it again. Unfortunately I just have a lot of debt, so that's not happening any time soon.

I will say that personally, I think $10.5k is not enough for me to sell a car like this because it doesn't really enable me to get anything else I'd be interested in that wouldn't need a lot of money and work to get to a good, usable state. But that's me in my market and tastes and I sympathize with the sentiment of wanting to try other experiences. It helps that ownership costs, even modified, are pretty low. I'm curious what you have in mind for whatever might replace it though. I'm debating what the dedicated track car might be right now, since my Fiesta is my daily and I don't see any fun manuals being a better daily than it still.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Update: Car is still in my shop, no interested buyers yet. I feel like $10.5k is a steal for this car but it's winter here. Maybe I'll have better luck in March/April. Also the car needs a unique buyer that understands the value of a well sorted track first, street second car.

I waiver between keeping the car/going further and selling it. I have so many parts on the shelf to make this car faster but they are just sitting until I make a decision - at least one mod I have an idea for hasn't been done on this platform and I have all the parts for it waiting. I've also thought about getting it state inspected and driving it more often.

I've owned 50ish different cars in my life, and this is the only car I've owned more than once - three different Fiestas to be exact. I love the car but I love cars in general, I typically find something endearing about a car and enjoy the drive. I had a Neon SRT-4 back in the day when they were new, that's the only car I regret selling. I'm wondering if I'd feel the same way about this platform. But on the flipside, there are opportunities I haven't tried yet. My current stable consists of a Kia minivan (wife's daily), Focus sedan automatic (my daily), low mileage first gen Tacoma (restoration and occasional daily), low mileage 2nd gen Crown Vic (daily beater/loaner).

Decisions decisions...
I think you should keep the fist as a track car and challenge yourself on a new project like twin turbo coyote swapping the crown vic

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #186
I think you should keep the fist as a track car and challenge yourself on a new project like twin turbo coyote swapping the crown vic
That would be wild but more $$ than I'm willing to put in that car. I'm putting some money towards restoring the Tacoma. It has been in the family since new and has 50k miles. Planning a body off restoration, all new bolts, bushings, etc. I want it to look perfectly OEM. I'm also planning to build go-karts with a friend so I'm fairly maxed out with the project space for now.

What kind of go-karts are you going to build? I've been really tempted to pickup an LO206 or KA100 to compete when K1 circuit opens since I am under an hour away

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #188
What kind of go-karts are you going to build? I've been really tempted to pickup an LO206 or KA100 to compete when K1 circuit opens since I am under an hour away
Basic live axle Predator-engined off road kart for my kids. Maybe 2nd for myself, slightly larger. I also have a desire to buy a salvaged 600cc sport bike and use that engine/transmission for a death kart. I can think of a handful of places around me that I could run it.