Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hub Centric wheels

Hi guys!
Are there any websites which allow me to search specifically for hub-centric wheels for our car? Do websites like tire-rack, discount tire, etc. take that into account automatically when suggesting wheels?
Thanks.

CSM

1000 Post Club
If you put wheelsets in your cart on tirerack and go to checkout it will say if they're included or not. If not then those wheels don't need rings.
that being said they ALWAYs include rings (if needed) and lug nuts for your wheels when you order on TR.

IIRC Rota is the only aftermarket manufacturer I'm aware of that makes hubcentric Fiesta ST fitments.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s are hubcentric wheels which come in sizes to fit our cars. They are excellent wheels, and used to be really easy to order with a reliable vendor here on the forum. Then they lost their US distributor and ordering became more difficult. I ordered my original set of four from the vendor on here, but then wanted one more wheel and found it it could be ordered directly from the factory.
Here's my thread on doing that. To make a long story short, the process of ordering from the factory is kind of a pain, but again the wheels are really excellent. Since there are so few hubcentric wheels available for our car, and these can also be ordered in a range of sizes and offsets,you may want to look into ordering directly from the factory.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/factory-direct-source-td-pro-race-1-2s.20121/

To answer your original question, I do not know of any websites which allow you to specifically search for just hubcentric wheels available for our car.

Last edited:
OP
M
Thread Starter #7
Thanks so much guys! Do you guys experience any negative effects from choosing a wheel which isn't hub-centric in terms of balance or anything?

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks so much guys! Do you guys experience any negative effects from choosing a wheel which isn't hub-centric in terms of balance or anything?
There's something very ensuring about the "clunk" that a hub-centric wheel make when it lines up with the hub and it's probably just a tad stronger, but wheels that center themselves with conical lugs work just fine and have for decades.

All the modern wheels that I've come across are hub-centric and I haven't had any problems with running adaptor rings. I wouldn't run hub-centric wheels w/o the proper fit (adaptor ring or not).

SteveS

1000 Post Club
There's no difference between using a wheel that was made hub centric and a wheel with a hub centric ring (adapter). They both get the wheel centered on the hub. Now, using a non hub centric wheel without the ring can be done, but the risk of getting the wheel not quite centered is very high.

kevinatfms

that being said they ALWAYs include rings (if needed) and lug nuts for your wheels when you order on TR.

IIRC Rota is the only aftermarket manufacturer I'm aware of that makes hubcentric Fiesta ST fitments.
Lots to choose from...

TD Motorsports Pro Race 1.2 in 15x8.

KE Motorsports Pro in 15x8.

Sparco Pro Corsa in 17x7.5.

Sparco FF-1 in 17x7.

Sparco Terra in 15x7 and 16x7.

Sparco Trofeo 4 in 17x7.

All are available from Tire Rack or Phils Tire Service for under $200/wheel.

Its not as popular as a 4x100 selection for Miata/Honda but they are out there specifically for our platform and the Focus(2000-2011).

kevinatfms

My Sparco Terras didn't need rings, didn't come with any from The Tire Rack.
Easily one of the best fitting wheels ive had for the Fiesta ST. Lug bores are LARGE and you can fit a regular socket in them without issue. They are light for the size and cost PLUS they are super strong with the flat face and thick spokes. I ran the 15x7 with a 205/50R15 to start my path down the rabbit hole.

Wish they were a bit wider and id probably go back to them in 16" sizes.

Im on 15x8 Dekagrams now and have 16x8 Dekagrams on a shelf if i want to go back to a larger size but damn if i dont miss the Bronze Sparco Terras.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I sometimes wonder if the narrower, and slightly less offset, 16x7 Terras would make a better daily driver wheel for my purposes, vs. the Dekagrams on there now.

They might be less prone to the rubbing in some scenarios I now face with the 205/50-16 Neo Gens mounted on them (even at factory ride height/suspension).

OR, is that ALL a fault of that particular tire's section/tread width, combined with it's height, which causes this, and it would not matter one bit, at all if it were mounted on a narrower, less offset, wheel? [dunno]

I sometimes wonder if the narrower, and slightly less offset, 16x7 Terras would make a better daily driver wheel for my purposes, vs. the Dekagrams on there now.

They might be less prone to the rubbing in some scenarios I now face with the 205/50-16 Neo Gens mounted on them (even at factory ride height/suspension).

OR, is that ALL a fault of that particular tire's section/tread width, combined with it's height, which causes this, and it would not matter one bit, at all if it were mounted on a narrower, less offset, wheel? [dunno]
I liked that they moved the wheel out just a little bit, and running 205/45r16 I was really close to stock which meant no rubbing issues. I know a lot of people run 215s or maybe even 225s. If there was more than 1! tire in the 215/50r15 size on tire rack, I might have gone with 15s.