Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I destroyed a 6ul wheel, what to do?

So long story short, I put a quarter sized hole through the barrel of my wheel. Would anyone here be interested in the wheel or should I just scrap it? I figure it would still be good for anyone looking for a fitment (tester) wheel, as the face is completely undamaged. 4x100 15x8 +36 Tungsten. Any suggestions?

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #5
How did said damage occur?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

100% my fault. While on the highway going home from work, I got a shimmy from my brakes. I figured it was something loose but it all happened too fast. Before I was able to get off somewhere safe, a bolt came loose from my brakes. The entire brake assembly pivoted forward on the remaining bolt and drove it through my wheel. If I had room to get off the road I could have prevented this and saved $200. On top of that, I had no spare and was 2 miles from home. I checked 2 junk yards for a Miata rim but I wasn't shelling out $70 for a piece of junk to get two miles... So my next best solution without towing it was to fill the hole with JB weld, pump it up to 10 psi and limp it home. To my astonishment, it worked well.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If it still runs true, looks pretty fixable. Unless there's more damage than shown in pics.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Yes, I would believe that to be fixable as it is not in a high consequence location. It just has to hold air. Should be able to TIG weld a band aid for it.

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #8
If it still runs true, looks pretty fixable. Unless there's more damage than shown in pics.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, if you look closely at the first picture, you can see where the brake rubbed entirely around the inside of the barrel. It may run true but the rub line seems "bumpy" for the lack of a better description. Maybe the force of impact put in some dents but it's hard to tell? I'm not sure what a rim repair costs, but would it be worth it for a $170 wheel?