Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I did a thing and picked up new wheels

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I found a local deal on Craigslist I couldn't refuse, found a set of 16" Sparco Terra wheels off another Ford Fiesta with almost new Kuhmo Ecsta 4X all-season tires in 195/50/16. They were originally listed for $550 but I was able to get them talked down to $400. The wheels are in great shape and I feel the 16" will look better than the original 17's. IMO these are the perfect size, and I probably shaved 5-6 lbs per corner. The ride is substantially better with the 50 profile tire and the slightly bigger diameter fills the wheel well nicely. These are 16x7 with a +42 offset so they sit 5mm further out than the factory wheels.

Sparco 16" vs Factory 17"

Waterfan

Sweet find and crazy bargain price. Awesome rally-style look.

To Do List: Burn through those 195 all-seasons ASAP so you can get some "real" 205/45s soon :) (Like these RE-71Rs)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Those look surprisingly good on a Magnetic FiST! [thumb]

Sadly, they are quite heavy for 16s, but for that price with tires, that fact can be overlooked for street use. [wink]

Wheels look good! Those tires are garbage though. Had them on my old speed 3 because they were cheap tires. Didn't grip or last for shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Sweet find and crazy bargain price. Awesome rally-style look.

To Do List: Burn through those 195 all-seasons ASAP so you can get some "real" 205/45s soon :) (Like these RE-71Rs)
Is a 7" wide wheel too narrow for a 215/45-16 tire, for the street?

If not, then he could use the Rival S, or 615K on them, and be closer to OEM height, still with a nice sidewall cushion. ;)

I am even considering a 16x7 Pro Race 1.2 with either of those tires on it for the spring, as long as they are not too wide for a 7" wide wheel.
(The specs/guides all say it is OK, but everyone on here seems to think that if a tire is not stretched beyond it's spec sheet stated limit, to almost a 'stancer' look, it will not function, even for street use. [dunno])

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

If not, then he could use the Rival S, or 615K on them, and be closer to OEM height, still with a nice sidewall cushion. ;)

I am even considering a 16x7 pro Race 1.2 with either of those tires on it for the spring, as long as they are not too wide for a 7" wide wheel.
(The specs/guides all say it is OK, but everyone on here seems to think that if a tire is not stretched beyond it's spec sheet stated limit, to almost a 'stancer' look, it will not function, even for street use. [dunno])
7" is fine if the mfg states as such. Just keep the pressure right and if planning on hard cornering look for xl or tyres with reinforced sides. But everyone on the Internet are like your drunk uncle who will have an opinion. :D

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The more I see those on that car, in our color, the more I really like the way they look. :)

IF they were 8s, and a couple of pounds lighter, I would have a set waiting to go on my car when it arrives in mid October (hopefully).

OZed does not even make their wheel styled like that one (the Leggenda) in a 16 (or a 15 for that matter, which is more of a rally size).

Waterfan

I am even considering a 16x7 Pro Race 1.2 with either of those tires on it for the spring, as long as they are not too wide for a 7" wide wheel.
All I know is I have very beefy 205/45-16 BFG SC2 (8.1" section width and 8" tread width) on my 16x7s and I THINK I would have better turn-in response if I had a slightly stretched tire vs, the SC2s which appear perfectly square/ever-so-slight bulge.

But my SC2s were stupid cheap ($80 ea, installed with tax) and are grippy enough for 98% daily use (2% canyons)

My money-no-object choice for 16x7 is the RE71-R. They are 2x the cost and 1/2 the treadwear of BFG SC2. But also 2lbs lighter (19 vs 21) and most importantly, a more performance oriented tread width of 7.1". Another strong choice are the Hankook R-S3 V2s (20 lbs, 7.4" tread, ~$120)

I'm sure Rival S or 615k will be perfectly fine for daily driver/spirited driving use

EDIT: the SC2 turn-in is not at all sloppy, just not "hummingbird-like" as the 17" OEMs were.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Tire size choices for these cars are really not that great ACROSS THE BOARD, regardless of which diameter wheel one chooses to use.

Most are either way too short (with the resultant fender well gap, and effective much lower overall gear ratio effects), or way too tall and wide, resulting in rubbing/scraping even at factory ride heights. [mad] [:(]

All I know is I have very beefy 205/45-16 BFG SC2 (8.1" section width and 8" tread width) on my 16x7s and I THINK I would have better turn-in response if I had a slightly stretched tire vs, the SC2s which appear perfectly square/ever-so-slight bulge.

But my SC2s were stupid cheap ($80 ea, installed with tax) and are grippy enough for 98% daily use (2% canyons)

My money-no-object choice for 16x7 is the RE71-R. They are 2x the cost and 1/2 the treadwear of BFG SC2. But also 2lbs lighter (19 vs 21) and most importantly, a more performance oriented tread width of 7.1". Another strong choice are the Hankook R-S3 V2s (20 lbs, 7.4" tread, ~$120)

I'm sure Rival S or 615k will be perfectly fine for daily driver/spirited driving use

EDIT: the SC2 turn-in is not at all sloppy, just not "hummingbird-like" as the 17" OEMs were.

The first thing I noticed when getting the BFG SC2s on compared to the Yokohama all seasons I had on there, was that turn in felt softer and I believe that to be the case due to how wide the tire is. I will say that the fact that they're wide has saved me a few curb rashes, so I'm rather happy with my decision on the SC2s :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Even though I wanted the 15" Asseto Garas for winter tire use, I may have to reconsider given how GREAT those 16s look on these cars.

The Terras might just be marginally stronger than the Garas as well (for our 'excellent' winter/early springtime, frost-heaved roads LOL), given their spoke/center pattern. [dunno]