Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I have three wheel contenders that I need some advice on

Hey, need a little help with my choices. Been from pillar to post, US to UK to try and find what i'm looking for and landed on these three which are the final contenders.

Rota Titan 17x7.5 4x108 et40
Rota SS10 17x8 4x108 et42
Motegi MR152 17x8 4x108 et40

Wondering what would fit the most flush or generally what is consider to be the better fitment. They all look great IMO so it's really down to what works the best. I know theres a very minimal difference. The 17x7.5 et40 i know will sit slightly more inside the arch than the 17x8 et42 and the Motegi i think will fit the flushest i just want to make sure i'm in the right ball park. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Attachments

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thought the stock wheel was 7.5 but this says 7.

<<The stock wheel size for the 2016 Ford Fiesta ST is **17x7"** with an offset of **47.5mm**². The weight of the OEM Fiesta ST wheel is **22.5 pounds**². The recommended tire size for this wheel is **205/40/R17**². Please note that these are the original equipment and alternative options may be available. Always consult with a professional or your vehicle's manual before making changes to your vehicle's wheel or tire size.

Source: Conversation with Bing, 5/12/2024
(1) Fiesta ST Wheel Size, Bolt Pattern, Offset & Tire Information. https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...ze-bolt-pattern-offset-tire-information.1126/.
(2) 2016 Ford Fiesta - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs. https://www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/fiesta/2016/.
(3) 2016 Ford Fiesta tire and wheel sizes - TireWheelGuide.com. https://tirewheelguide.com/sizes/ford/fiesta/2016/.
(4) en.wikipedia.org. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fiesta.>>

1715566535504.png

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Going wider enhances the possibility for rub when turning your wheel. I have stock wheel/suspension with 215/45R17... a tire size many say they can't do without issues.

OP
RocketMods1982
Thread Starter #5
Leaning towards the Titan with maybe a safer 7.5 width. On this wheel size calculator you can see the 7.5 is basically right where the back of the stock wheel would be but on the 8 wide, is that enough to cause rub? I'd probably look to go 215/40/R17 for the tire too as stock is 205/40/R17.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
RocketMods1982
Thread Starter #6
This one could also be a consideration, Team Dynamics Pro Race LT. 16x7 or 17x7 4x108 et38. Hard to decide between renown quality and strength or something that may be slight less quality but probably perfectly fine for everyday driving.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The new TD Pro Race LTs ARE now flow formed (and therefore both lighter AND stronger than the original cast, albeit yes heat treated, Pro Race 1.2s), and fully approved by all of the major safety testing orgs (JWL,VIA, and the TUV), so if your B roads are that bad in surface conditions, it is a brilliant idea.

I don't know how their pricing is on the other side of the pond, but they are somewhere in the vicinity of ~$125.00 per wheel (depending on size/width chosen) more than the Titans are here, currently.

OP
RocketMods1982
Thread Starter #8
The new TD Pro Race LTs ARE now flow formed (and therefore both lighter AND stronger than the original cast, albeit yes heat treated, Pro Race 1.2s), and fully approved by all of the major safety testing orgs (JWL,VIA, and the TUV), so if your B roads are that bad in surface conditions, it is a brilliant idea.

I don't know how their pricing is on the other side of the pond, but they are somewhere in the vicinity of ~$125.00 per wheel (depending on size/width chosen) more than the Titans are here, currently.
Definitely feel like this is a good bet to go with the DT Po Race LTs over the Titans, i think they'll hold up a lot better on these roads. $125 per wheel is a great price as i've found them here for £210 per wheel unless anyone has a better UK source for these? Still thinking the 16x7 4x108 et38 with a thicker tire, or would you stick with the 17x7?

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club

I didn't know that Team Dynamics was making that new wheel until I saw your post. That's nice to have them back as an option.
As far as you know, are they as good as, or better than, our Pro Race 1.2s?
I took a quick look at their website and the only downsides that I could see are that it looks like they now require hub-centric rings, and they're not available in quite as wide a range of offsets as they used to be.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I didn't know that Team Dynamics was making that new wheel until I saw your post. That's nice to have them back as an option.
As far as you know, are they as good as, or better than, our Pro Race 1.2s?
I took a quick look at their website and the only downsides that I could see are that it looks like they now require hub-centric rings, and they're not available in quite as wide a range of offsets as they used to be.
I would say that their strength, especially their strength to WEIGHT ratio is better than the old, heat treated 1.2s, but they are also charging more than the old Rimstock versions as well. [:(]

Aesthetics-wise; Depending on size/color/offset, the older style looks better to me (spoke shape and size, no indentations in the rim lip besides the embossed branding of the originals, albeit I do not mind this on my 15x7 'gravel rally' Method MR501VT wheels).

I also like that the older style had 12 spokes instead of the Dekagram copying 10 spokes of the newer models (Yet another reason, besides the price and hubcentric no rings needed direct fit, why I chose the KE Motorsport Pro T12s over these [wink]).

The tarmac rally wheels used in the WRC mostly have 15 spokes, so the closer to that, the better, for me at least, despite it being just more to clean/wash and wax every detail. (I'm nuts in that way. LOL)

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Definitely feel like this is a good bet to go with the DT Po Race LTs over the Titans, i think they'll hold up a lot better on these roads. $125 per wheel is a great price as i've found them here for £210 per wheel unless anyone has a better UK source for these? Still thinking the 16x7 4x108 et38 with a thicker tire, or would you stick with the 17x7?
You misunderstood me, I was stating that over here, the TD Pro Race LTs are $125.00 USD MORE PER WHEEL THAN we are being charged for the Rota Titans in the same approximate size. [wink]

IF you never have any plans to put a huge big brake kit under them, and the roads are that bad, I would go with the lighter 16x7s (although you could still fit a 15" gravel rally wheel type, great, fixed multi-piston caliper system under them, easily), and the less coin, 16" tire options as well (it seems that you in the UK/Europe get many MANY more tire options in any given size than we will EVER be allowed to buy over here! [:(!]).

OP
RocketMods1982
Thread Starter #12
You misunderstood me, I was stating that over here, the TD Pro Race LTs are $125.00 USD MORE PER WHEEL THAN we are being charged for the Rota Titans in the same approximate size. [wink]

IF you never have any plans to put a huge big brake kit under them, and the roads are that bad, I would go with the lighter 16x7s (although you could still fit a 15" gravel rally wheel type, great, fixed multi-piston caliper system under them, easily), and the less coin, 16" tire options as well (it seems that you in the UK/Europe get many MANY more tire options in any given size than we will EVER be allowed to buy over here! [:(!]).
Ah i see thanks for clarifying. Yeah i feel a 16 is a more comfortable choice as i've gone though 3 shredded tires and a wheel cracking all on the same driver front side in the past 6 months on 17's, it's getting expensive.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Ok, think i've settled on these after all that. Bola FLB 17x7.5 et40 or et38 if i can get away without rubbing? Ganna go with a 215 tire if possible, think stock is 205.
I'm not familiar with those wheels, but they look good. The stock tire size is 205.
What's the weight on the wheels? The stock wheels weigh a fairly hefty 22.5 lb, if you can save at least a couple pounds per wheel of unsprung weight, that has nice benefits. It makes the car ride a little bit smoother, less weight bouncing up and down, and makes it feel a little lighter on its feet.
Good luck, let us know how you like them after you get them.

Last edited:
OP
RocketMods1982
Thread Starter #16
On a different note, wanna give a shout out to these guys in Australia. Likewise are by far the best for custom gear shifters. The look and feel is high quality i just fitted mine yesterday. https://wearelikewise.com/

Attachments

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thanks Capri i'll let you know. I think these come in at 7.6kg at 17x7.5 which i think converts to about 16.7lb so a huge saving on weight. I think the TD Pro Race LT at 17x7 come in at 7.9kg but could be wrong.
That is an excellent saving of weight, they are even a little lighter than my TD Pro Race 1.2's, which are 17.2 lb in my 17x7 size.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Spokes on a taller wheel look better.
The smaller wheel/tire also fit into the craters but the additional sidewall of course is more cushion.
Really worried about that rub though. Need to find someone who already has them.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ok, think i've settled on these after all that. Bola FLB 17x7.5 et40 or et38 if i can get away without rubbing? Ganna go with a 215 tire if possible, think stock is 205.
Those look similar to the Speedline Corse Marmoras (at least the spoke curve/bend/shape/how the spoke meets the rim, does) which is another brand we are not allowed to have on this side of the pond, along with those Bolas. [:(]

At this point, I will ONLY install a 215/40-17 tire (the widest tread width one I can find which is 'streetable' in tread wear/tread pattern) on any 17" wheel on this car, as it sits (with no fender; pulling, rolling, cutting, re-configuring, or flaring). [thumb]

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
On a different note, wanna give a shout out to these guys in Australia. Likewise are by far the best for custom gear shifters. The look and feel is high quality i just fitted mine yesterday. https://wearelikewise.com/
Really like that pull tab lever for the reverse lockout ring!! [twothumb]
If I ever get tired of my Ford Racing carbon look deal, I will contact them! [driving]