Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

IDEA! For those in restrictive areas, etc, stock looking manf, turbo, DP, cat, heat shields, intake....

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I thought of this overall package this morning, when I do my best thinking before I start the day, fresh ground organic, sustainable, fair market, coffee in hand....

For those who have warranty concerns, live where you are restricted by tough laws, etc.....a way to have some real gains in power and drivability and get a way with it.

Complete stealth package:

1)Turbo upgraded to your budget, desires, minimum is bigger compressor wheel, clipped turbine, porting
2)Inlet elbow to fit into stock intake which would fit most aftermarket intakes as well
3)Manifold ported(DIY or part of the package, a real must have in my book, numbers well show this soon)
4)Modified stock DB retaining stock cat but cutting out and replacing the necked down areas to better direct the flow and allow much more of it. Make it so the stock heat shield fits with just trimming some at the top 02 sensor, 2.5" outlet and flex pipe. It could also be opened up to 3" all the way through but 2.5" will be more stealthy and flow a great deal better than stock.
5)Tune(s)

With a proper tune you should be able to pass smog, might need a different tune(s) for max power or various fuels you want to play with. s:

Notes:
1) Stock cat is of great quality and I have been told by somebody well informed that they flow very well.
2) Personally I believe we should all run cats but for those not into it, gut or better yet run a straight pipe through it.
3) Easy to install system, will work with stock and aftermarket intakes, exhausts, etc....
4) Relatively low cost for the gains, closer to stock reliability than some other alternatives.
5) Can use stock intake and exhaust and upgrade or not or change for inspections, etc....

AND!
This could be available very very soon from one of our very own great members. I just brought this up in a PM and have not even checked back for a response, this overall package is my idea but he is breaking ground for us right now and this would be a pretty simple step up and ready to go in no time at all:)

Let me know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, interest, etc.......

I am actually considering modding my stock DP to try this out as I have the well ported manifold and modded turbo on my car now and do my own fab work.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I'm interested. Hopefully this will be revealed as soon as you and your cohorts have sussed all of these mods out. Thanks Rick for your hard work.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
There will be no holding back, as soon as things are done they will be known, there is a bit of proprietary info but not much, just to protect the time and funds invested by the ones making this happen, I am just one of the guys wanting to test this and help others that need to use this approach:)

I have it all done but the modified stock DP which I have been thinking about already so I just thought, why not, not even a hard job to make the cat mods.

I do have a one off DIY DP and exhaust but the only difference is my DP and Exhaust are true 3" to 3" and in a different location due to the huge cat on my current DP design. I might just cut off the end of the exhaust and sell it to somebody that wants a setup like it, they just have to have it welded to there cat back.

I'd say screw it and just keep the stock parts...I mean how hard is it really to swap some simple bolt ons back on if the car needs warranty work? If I'm upgrading, I don't wanna do anything half-ass, just my .02

ryst

A while ago I posted about buying someone's stock DP to modify, and I got some bites.

I ended up nixing that idea, but there are forum members with stock DPs laying around that are willing to sell for a good price if you can't afford downtime (DD) :)