Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Idiot!!!

So I'm in the gym this morning and one of the employees approaches me and says, "There has been an accident." Now I purposely park my car FAR away from everyone else in the attempt to minimize any door dings. My car was the only one within a 100+ feet and this person somehow hit my car and totals her's. And wouldn't you know it, her drivers license, regestraction and insurance are all expired. Her license expired in 2010 and insurance was 2011. [?|]

You can see that she knocked my car out of its parking spot. My insurance company is thankfully waiving my deductible. I just got back from dropping the car at a body shop and they said they'd have an estimate for me on Monday.

IMG_1645.JPG

IMG_1646.JPG

IMG_1647.JPG

IMG_1648.JPG

IMG_1649.JPG

IMG_1650.JPG

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
So sorry to see, glad you called the cops and filed a police report. Sounds like this lady doesn't like to follow the law considering all her information has expired.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Ouch! Sorry to see...that hurts to even look it! Here's hoping for a speedy recovery...

Damn it! That is my worst fear. I park as far away as possible too and yet to no surprise some a hole always has to find his way to me. Sorry this happend bud.

UNBELIEVABLE. I'm so sorry that this happened. I can only imagine how you feel right now. I would have flipped my shit over this.

Zissou

I'm cringing.

Sidenote the Fiesta fared much better than that Nissan. Kind of amazed at the damage to the Nissan. And confused. How is the front passenger side so torn up? What direction was she headed!?

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #10
Thanks for the kind words of concern everyone.

So much facepalm. How did she even manage that?
I have NO clue. There's seriously enough room to have a drift event without hitting my car.

I'm cringing.

Sidenote the Fiesta fared much better than that Nissan. Kind of amazed at the damage to the Nissan. And confused. How is the front passenger side so torn up? What direction was she headed!?
I was inside when it happened so I really have no idea how she managed to hit my car. Her vehicle looks the way it does, because she smashed into that green irrigation protection cage that was directly behind my car. From the looks of it, she somehow ran over the curb, hit the protection cage then bounced into my car.

that's terrible to see happen to a fellow owner, hope she gets arrested and you get your car including the wheel back to new

MOFiST

I'm betting drink, drugs, phones or a combination there of was involved. But to not have a license for that long and still be on the road. To me that says idgaf about the law.
Glad your insurance stepped up.

rexdriver85

Wow, just wow. Good luck with everything man. Some people just... [emoji379][emoji379][emoji378][emoji378][emoji380][emoji380]

Boro

Jeez! Had to be texting or DUI, its gotta take more than just a terrible driver to do something that unbelievable. Crazy, the amount of damage to her car vs yours though. Tough little fiesta.
I also park really far away, I guess it's a false sense of security if there's a complete moron driving around..
Makes me sad to see a hurt fiesta. :( hope this gets fixed fast and back to normal!!

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
This is exactly why I DON'T park far away on my own. It might seem counterintuitive, but you're more likely to be hit that way. It's easier for people to recognize a bunch of cars over just one. My parking strategy is useless to you, but when possible, I park near nice vehicles and next to a curb. My preferred spots are where only one other car can park near me.

So I'm in the gym this morning and one of the employees approaches me and says, "There has been an accident." Now I purposely park my car FAR away from everyone else in the attempt to minimize any door dings. My car was the only one within a 100+ feet and this person somehow hit my car and totals her's. And wouldn't you know it, her drivers license, regestraction and insurance are all expired. Her license expired in 2010 and insurance was 2011. [?|]

You can see that she knocked my car out of its parking spot. My insurance company is thankfully waiving my deductible. I just got back from dropping the car at a body shop and they said they'd have an estimate for me on Monday.

View attachment 4576

View attachment 4577

View attachment 4578

View attachment 4579

View attachment 4580

View attachment 4581
My car got hit n run at school while I was in class, and they crashed into my fender, and my door won't open on my passenger side.

Boro

This is exactly why I DON'T park far away on my own. It might seem counterintuitive, but you're more likely to be hit that way. It's easier for people to recognize a bunch of cars over just one. My parking strategy is useless to you, but when possible, I park near nice vehicles and next to a curb. My preferred spots are where only one other car can park near me.
This makes a lot of sense, I hadn't thought about that. The reason I park far away is to avoid door dings from careless folks, but if there's a single corner spot next to a shiny z06 then that's where I go, haha.