Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

If your FiST was totaled today, what would you be shopping for tomorrow?

a Mazda/Ford 2.5L engine swapped NC Miata. to me that's the perfect modern roadster and can be had for under $25K.
200ish rear WHP, 200ish rear wheel torque. 2500lbs.

edit: and no i wouldn't want the K engine/BMW tranny swap. i'm trying to embarrass bad weekend Mustang drivers. not find myself upside down in a ditch.

Mine wasn’t totaled but I just changed to a 2021 GTI. Drove a new MK8 GTI as well and an Elantra N. I couldn’t deal with the MK8 interior and the N drives very well for a stock car but it’s to hideous and silly looking for me.

I miss the third pedal and playfullness of the FiST but the GTI is so much faster (tune, intake, and turbo back already) and just a nicer place to be 90% of the time. I have always been a VW guy so this feels more natural as well.

Just clay’d and waxed this morning so it’s looking pretty shiny.
IMG_7464.jpeg IMG_7463.jpeg IMG_7462.jpeg

No stick shift, no deal. 🤣
I have been the same way forever but I wanted to try something different and didn’t want to deal with the aftermarket clutch costs and feels when you put the power on these things. It will never be a manual but this 7 speed DSG is an amazing thing and still provides a different kind of fun.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Because all the R&D $$$$$ goes toward automatics these last number of decades, manual shifts aren't advancing along with engine tech... and thus don't seem to be as reliable and trouble-free as they used to be and should be. Still my preference though. Got a new motorcycle and are really disliking the ABS on it. (old one didn't have any nannies)