Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Inner tie rod

Doors anyone have any tips for removing the inner tie rod. This will be my first time removing one of these. Any tips or process breakdown would be helpful. I've taken the time to look up videos on YouTube, a specialty tool is sometimes used from what I can tell.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Doors anyone have any tips for removing the inner tie rod. This will be my first time removing one of these. Any tips or process breakdown would be helpful. I've taken the time to look up videos on YouTube, a specialty tool is sometimes used from what I can tell.

O'Reilly....Advanced....Autozone or even napa does Rental tool programs. You just put a deposit on the tool and get it ALL back you bring it back. Literally costing you nothing....FYI!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
Is the specialty tool needed for our application?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
YES.....Buy an inner tie rod of your choice and bring it with you to either one of those business and ask for the inner tie rod remover and the adapters. Try them all out on the inner tie rod an go with the one that will allow you to tighten and loosen the inner tie rod.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I can't speak for the fiestas inner tie rod, but I know on my Ford Focus the tie rod that is on the car is different than any of the replacements even the Motorcraft replacement part is different.
This is the tool that have to use to get the factory one off. The factory inner tie rod on my Ford Focus has nothing to grab onto is completely round all the way around. I can't speak for the fiesta but it could be similar.

ABN Inner Tie Rod Tool – 3/8” Inch Low Profile Tool for Inner Tie Rod Removal/Installation https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XWBZ4YN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Bot5CbDB5EZHX

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
How the hell do you reach the clips on the backside of the boot?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk