Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intake crossover tube yellow O-ring

DangerMouse

Yay me the yellow O-ring that plugs into the crossover ripped. Does anyone know if you can get a new O-ring or do I need the whole new hose? I dont even know what's it's called so I couldnt find anything. Thanks!

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #2
I found the replacement part on Tasca for $137 Evap emissions system line C1BZ6A664D. for 2016 and up. 2014-2015 used a different style part # C1BZ6A664A. I can get it on eBay for $30 and steal the O-ring from it. I would rather find a replacement o-ring for cheap, but I’m not sure if I can find the correct size and make sure it doesn’t leak. Anyone have any luck with this? I think what happened is I was left it unplugged over night while working on it and the gasket swelled. Then when trying to plug it back in, it ripped.

Attachments

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #4
Can you try a junkyard?
No fiesta st locally and I'm worried with it being used that the o ring will be bad anyway. I know a few people have had this problem in the past but I can't find anything how they resolved it. Would be nice to find a replacement and have a couple on hand. I'm going to call the dealership tomorrow and see if they can get the o ring.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
No fiesta st locally and I'm worried with it being used that the o ring will be bad anyway. I know a few people have had this problem in the past but I can't find anything how they resolved it. Would be nice to find a replacement and have a couple on hand. I'm going to call the dealership tomorrow and see if they can get the o ring.
Might buy one of those large o ring assortment packs from Amazon

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #6
Might buy one of those large o ring assortment packs from Amazon
I actually didn't think of that and I get everything on Amazon these days. I found some that are oil and fuel safe. Fingers crossed one fits. I'll update when they get here.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
That connector is used on many Fords.
I also suggest you check Wrecking Yards, maybe a Pick Your Part and look at other Fords.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Post your results.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Check with Justin he has a glorious fiesta graveyard. When I visited him he had 5 or 6 and probably has bought that many since then. Here is his SN on here.

SVOFANATIC

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #10
Check with Justin he has a glorious fiesta graveyard. When I visited him he had 5 or 6 and probably has bought that many since then. Here is his SN on here.

SVOFANATIC
Thanks, I’ve bought from him before on facebook, but I’m worried that getting a used one will end in the same result. I ordered a kit on amazon, will be here Tuesday.

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #11
O-rings came in from amazon. I should have purchased the larger kit but i really don’t need 800 o-rings. Let alone the 300 I received. The one that I used is a 17mm x 2mm thickness. The next size up was a 17mm x 3.5mm. That was too thick. Ideally I would like a 17mm x 2.5mm or 3mm. The larger kit does come with a 17mm x 2.4mm o-ring. The one i used sits inside the groove and doesn’t really offer much to seal. Good news is, there is another o-ring on the connector that does most of the work and it was not damaged. I have been driving it and wasn’t getting any check engine lights but I’m not sure if it would even cause a cel or not.

Attachments

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #12
Well I broke down and bought the other o-ring kit. The first kit measured by inside diameter, this kit was outside diameter. I went with a 23mm OD x 2.4mm thick o-ring. Fits perfect and was much easier to install. Matched up with the original broken o-ring it’s Identical. So if anyone has this issue, thats the size you need.