Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Interest in a wide body kit for the st??

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Ghost = better than bunny flares that just cut off in front of the tires way to high but still not good enough if you want wide wheels and tires you need to cover the front of them better, simple aerodynamics easy to understand.

The do not have to cover the front view of the tire completely if designed to direct air around them, at higher speeds it is a very disruptive situation having air hitting the spinning tire.

I still need to work out something to cover the front of my tires better, 15x9 wheels with 225 slicks which are very wide 225's(manf do not use exact specs) but I gained enough in cornering grip to make up track time using them but covering the front will help pick up a few more MPH down the longer straights and keep the car a bit more stable.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If you make them like the black cars flares I can switch to 15x10 wheels and 245 or 255 wide race tires and some use 275 tires but better for autocross than road race.

I can also get some very good low weight reasonable cost 17x9 wheels for the street but need to check on tires.

No really good street tires are wider than 225 in 15"

(Note: I was the first to do a 4x100 conversion on this car so I could buy great wheels for my racing needs at damn good prices)

UPDATE: I just found some 15x11" wheels coming out in Jan, 275 race tires would be perfect on them:)

not to threadjack, but I can actually get that RB style kit from thailand. my background is thai and I know a lot of people in that community =).

I'm just waiting to hear back what kind of freight costs would it be.

There are a few concerns though. The flares, will fit, side skirts shouldnt be a problem, the rear should be fine as well. The big concern from myself and my friends in thailand would be the fitment on anything near the front end. That may need modification to fit correctly. Also, the rear flares are wider than front by an inch. That's a few of the current concerns I have currently. If all the ST owners dont mind modifying the front to fit, then getting it wouldn't be an issue. They unfortunately don't have a ST model in thailand to test fit and correct with =(

Young L

not to threadjack, but I can actually get that RB style kit from thailand. my background is thai and I know a lot of people in that community =).

I'm just waiting to hear back what kind of freight costs would it be.

There are a few concerns though. The flares, will fit, side skirts shouldnt be a problem, the rear should be fine as well. The big concern from myself and my friends in thailand would be the fitment on anything near the front end. That may need modification to fit correctly. Also, the rear flares are wider than front by an inch. That's a few of the current concerns I have currently. If all the ST owners dont mind modifying the front to fit, then getting it wouldn't be an issue. They unfortunately don't have a ST model in thailand to test fit and correct with =(
Doesn't RB have a shop in Cali now? I think anyone that got this kit would have to know up front that the body would need some modification, they would be ignorant to think other wise.

the thing is RB doesn't make this kit. RB is a hype train in thailand so independant shops make the parts to mimc the RB style. lol. RB has no molds of these parts but the shop that made the part in thailand does. my big concern is fitment on the kit. it won't be cheap to get it here and i already can forsee some fitting that needs to be done.