Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Interesting Vehicles Spotted

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do we have a thread for sharing vehicles spotted out and about that are interesting or unique? If not this can be that thread.

E77C97D4-0708-4C75-84CD-A8EC1AD8EFAF.jpeg
I saw this today in Wisnton-Salem. I think it’s a CRZ but whatever it is it’s the SI version. It’s so small even compared to a fiesta.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Do we have a thread for sharing vehicles spotted out and about that are interesting or unique? If not this can be that thread.

View attachment 58278
I saw this today in Wisnton-Salem. I think it’s a CRZ but whatever it is it’s the SI version. It’s so small even compared to a fiesta.
That’s a CRX and they were amazingly fun little cars . CRZ‘s are 2000’s cars that was a mid 80’s early 90’s car. They were loved and are increasingly rare to find even here in good condition now. Average price for one now in good shape is around 8k Which is what they sold new for in 85. In excellent shape it’s probably over 10k They were stupidly cheap to buy and stupidly fun to drive . People drove the shit out of them which is way there are not many left pretty sure Honda sold a fair amount of them they were popular.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Back when CRX's came out they weren't really that small--all cars were smaller back then. They had an extra fuel efficient version of the CRX that would challenge a hybrid nowadays. And the CRX also did well at autocross.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I saw a Maserati Ghibli here in Chapel Hill the other day. The interesting thing is that it was one of the original ones from back in the '60s or '70s, not one of the more recent ones. It was a truly beautiful and exotic looking car. I was so surprised to see it I almost drove off the road.
I didn't get a picture because we were both driving, but it looked like this one-
1696604291607.png

Last edited:

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I saw a Maserati Ghibli here in Chapel Hill the other day. The interesting thing is that it was one of the original ones from back in the '60s or '70s, not one of the more recent ones. It was a truly beautiful and exotic looking car. I didn't get a picture, but it looked like this one-
View attachment 58298
Kind of funny. When I saw that picture, my thoughts were it's a less-curvy 1965 Corvette.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I’ll throw out a couple from my camera roll.

Supra spotted at Lowe’s.

GT350 at the farmers market.

Full carbon GT350 at a car show. Not really in the wild, but definitely interesting.

Challenger spotted in front of Notre Dame. Looked real out of place in Europe.

View attachment 58299 View attachment 58300 View attachment 58301 View attachment 58302
That original GT350 is in beautiful condition, that's a very unique car.
This is a great idea for a thread @FiestaSTdude and it should be a lot of fun to see what interesting cars people have spotted.

Last edited:

Dialcaliper

This is a total cheat because it was a few years ago, but here’s the Ford Puma I owned when I was living in Italy (Yes, I went to Italy and bought a Ford…and in America I have an electric Fiat 🤣)

Coupe chassis based on a Mk IV Fiesta, Yamaha tuned 1.7L engine (basically a bored and stroked 1.4L Zetec-S with a VCT inlet cam).

Thing was brilliant and an absolute hoot on little Italian roads. Ironically while I owned it and got curious about modifying it (never did, because I didn’t really have a place to work on it). I had stumbled across Pumaspeed (which got its start and is named after this car), and after getting the FiST and reading about aftermarket options, I was like “wait a minute”….

IMG_5575.jpeg IMG_5573.jpeg

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
This is a great idea for a thread @FiestaSTdude and it should be a lot of fun to see what interesting cars people have spotted.
Yes, I am surprised that the owner parked it in a spot where it could be dinged horribly by all of the 'pedestrian' ride doors all around it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Challenger spotted in front of Notre Dame. Looked real out of place in Europe.

View attachment 58302
I did not know that any of the current Mopar brands (or whichever holding company owns them nowadays??) were sold in Europe at all, until I spotted some modern Ram pickups in some Swedish, French and German movies recently.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I did not know that any of the current Mopar brands (or whichever holding company owns them nowadays??) were sold in Europe at all, until I spotted some modern Ram pickups in some Swedish, French and German movies recently.
One name Stellantis. The parent company Is global.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
This is a total cheat because it was a few years ago, but here’s the Ford Puma I owned when I was living in Italy (Yes, I went to Italy and bought a Ford…and in America I have an electric Fiat 🤣)

Coupe chassis based on a Mk IV Fiesta, Yamaha tuned 1.7L engine (basically a bored and stroked 1.4L Zetec-S with a VCT inlet cam).

Thing was brilliant and an absolute hoot on little Italian roads. Ironically while I owned it and got curious about modifying it (never did, because I didn’t really have a place to work on it). I had stumbled across Pumaspeed (which got its start and is named after this car), and after getting the FiST and reading about aftermarket options, I was like “wait a minute”….

View attachment 58308 View attachment 58309
Do people overseas transplant our rides' power/drive train into those little suckers??

THAT would be the proverbial 'hoot'!! [thumb]

Last edited:
OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #14
Thanks! I got the idea from the Ford Ranger forum. They had a thread like this and it always had interesting stuff on it.

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #15

View attachment 58308 View attachment 58309
That’s pretty cool! It reminds me of a 1st gen focus from the front.

Dialcaliper

Do people overseas transplant our rides' power/drive train into those little suckers??

THAT would be the proverbial 'hoot'!! [thumb]
Hadn't heard of it at the time, but that could be fun, though maybe wasted. The thing only weighted 2300lb, and with peak power at 6300 RPM (bumped to 7000 with the tune), it was a high revving normally aspirated riot (something a our turbo motor lacks a bit of). It was one of those cars a bit like this one, where it "felt" very fast at regular speeds, handled well and always wanted to be driven like it was stolen.

The main thing I was lusting after at the time was that Pumaspeed would reflash the ECU to match the UK special edition "Ford Racing Puma" that would bump the power from 123 to 153hp with only a cam, intake and exhaust swap.

My only real regret was that I never got a chance to fit decent tires to it. The tires on it when I bought it were great in the dry, but terrifying in the rain and cold.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I saw this old VW bus in my neighborhood recently, note the slightly out of date license plate. I saw I parked in the same place for a while, and figured there was no way that it ran, then much to my surprise one day I saw it parked in a different place, so it either runs or can be pushed.
1696635113236.png

Last edited:

Dialcaliper

That’s pretty cool! It reminds me of a 1st gen focus from the front.
Ironically, the styling trend it was designed on was the same "New Edge" concepts that produced the Ford Ka. Its a quirky style, but it works and the Puma got the better end of the deal. The first gen Focus and Contour and even the Mk5 Fiesta and SN95 Mustang also got trickles of the same styling cues, but toned back a bit