Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intermittent, LOUD squeak when going from 1st to 2nd

Hello folks,

I have a stock 2014 Fiesta ST with 75k on the clock. I am getting an occasional loud, momentary squeak when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear as I take my foot off the clutch.

It seems to happen at the very top of the clutch stroke and the noise is on the outside of the vehicle. It is very loud and would probably leave your ears ringing if your head was close enough to the source.

This started a few weeks ago and I have heard it perhaps 5 to 10 times since then. The very first time it happened, the vehicle did a slight nosedive as it abruptly lost speed, though it did not stall. On the next shift from 1st to 2nd it repeated, but it has only happened once every day or so since then. The car only jerked/lost speed the first time it happened.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to troubleshoot, or ideas on what the problem could be? Thanks a bunch.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk