Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is anyone interested in a stock framed turbo upgrade in the USA?

OP
T
Thread Starter #82
What's required of the tester, out of curiosity?
I'm looking to have this turbo tested on a variety of modification levels from stock on up. About the only need I would have is that you have the ability to log some runs, like v-dyno, and give some feedback on some parameters that can be monitored by the AP.

I'm looking to have this turbo tested on a variety of modification levels from stock on up. About the only need I would have is that you have the ability to log some runs, like v-dyno, and give some feedback on some parameters that can be monitored by the AP.
Now I’m learning to regret the mp215 kit I pieced together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mountune’s mTune handset is a dumbed down version of Cobb’s AP3. Meaning I would likely be precluded from gathering most of the data you’d be interested in logging. Even if I could capture the data you’d want I’d think be unable to take advantage of a lot of the benefits your turbo could offer to someone who’d be able to use custom tuning to take advantage of what your turbo would bring to the table, unless I’m sorely mistaken on how your turbo would interact with mountune’s tuning software that is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be interested to hear any preliminary feedback from a couple of testers, to see if it's something realistically worth waiting for. I know these things take time, but the initial "gauging of interest" was a year ago, and we've have no relevant numbers yet...

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I'd be willing to give it a go, located in New England and do a fair number of track days.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
What's the price goal of this again? Isn't this supposed to be on par with an X37?

OP
T
Thread Starter #94
Still working out some details, so no price yet. Goal is to be an affordable option.

Still getting data from testing. However the goal is similar power capability as the X37 with improved response.

I bet there'd be plenty of interest if it could make the 300whp every other smaller turbo makes and the price wasn't as high as all the others.

It would probably have to be a good bit lower for people to be willing to try something new and unproven that isn't from an established company that makes turbos for this platform already.