Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is anyone on here a NJ ST Club member??

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If anyone on here is a NJ ST Club member;

Is there any way to contact other members, or get onto their site (I am an approved member!) WITHOUT using facebook?!?

(Effing POS facebook will NOT allow me to 'confirm' who I am, in order to get onto that group, even though I am an accepted member, without texting or Whatsapp, and I refuse to have either of those.)

I used to be on Facebook and a member of the NJ ST Club. Wish they had an off Facebook way to contact or get information from. Absolutely hate anything Facebook related.

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Yes, and that's the problem I am having as crapbook will not even allow me to sign on in order to access/contact this group, yet somehow they already 'accepted' me as a member! [???:)] [???:)]

Basically, the only reason I wanted to contact this group was to find out IF there are any fully trustworthy shops (or even stealerships, if that is even possible??) within 50 miles of my area which could be trusted to do a full, meticulous/OCD brake service, and FULL (NOT just 'bleed') brake and clutch hydraulic fluid flush of the complete system including the ABS block (and possibly clutch/flywheel/slave cylinder, and timing belt/water pump service in the future).

I keep running into dead ends as far as dealers even being willing to attempt the fluid flush on this car, and I barely trust any of the (even 'high end ride'/track going Bimmer & Audi servicing) indie shops around here. [:(]

The one shop which agreed to do a full flush and brake job, with me supplying ALL of the parts, fluid, etc., everything but 'shop supplies' (rags, Brakleen, hub grinding/de-rusting pads, etc.) wants to charge me >$1200.00 for LABOR ONLY!! INSANE! [ohcrap]

Yes, and that's the problem I am having as crapbook will not even allow me to sign on in order to access/contact this group, yet somehow they already 'accepted' me as a member! [???:)] [???:)]

Basically, the only reason I wanted to contact this group was to find out IF there are any fully trustworthy shops (or even stealerships, if that is even possible??) within 50 miles of my area which could be trusted to do a full, meticulous/OCD brake service, and FULL (NOT just 'bleed') brake and clutch hydraulic fluid flush of the complete system including the ABS block (and possibly clutch/flywheel/slave cylinder, and timing belt/water pump service in the future).

I keep running into dead ends as far as dealers even being willing to attempt the fluid flush on this car, and I barely trust any of the (even 'high end ride'/track going Bimmer & Audi servicing) indie shops around here. [:(]

The one shop which agreed to do a full flush and brake job, with me supplying ALL of the parts, fluid, etc., everything but 'shop supplies' (rags, Brakleen, hub grinding/de-rusting pads, etc.) wants to charge me >$1200.00 for LABOR ONLY!! INSANE! [ohcrap]
$1200.00 is excessively high for what you are asking for. Let me see if I can reach out to some of the group members. I have a few of them as contacts in my phone and will ask if there are any trustworthy shops nearby. I believe your in the Doylestown area if I'm not mistaken? I think we've conversed on here before.

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
$1200.00 is excessively high for what you are asking for. Let me see if I can reach out to some of the group members. I have a few of them as contacts in my phone and will ask if there are any trustworthy shops nearby. I believe your in the Doylestown area if I'm not mistaken? I think we've conversed on here before.
Yes, it is ridiculously exorbitant!
They must think that because one lives in this area they must have Bezos/Musk unlimited type coin, even if they are pulling up in a sub $19K when brand new car!

They want to charge me even more than the over the already over the top dealer rate ($250.00 per AXLE!) to simply install supplied stainless braided lines, on top of the flush charge which I was doing anyway! [crazyeye]

They mostly deal with bagged and slammed Audis so I'm not sure I would trust them even at that batshit insane labor co$t!

I used to be in (Solebury) Pennsyltucky, but now reside in The Princeton/Montgomery/Rocky Hill/Skillman area (not too far from Hillsborough or Somerset) of your (and my birth/former) state.

I have a (tentative) appointment with Ciocca in Flemington, but that is the exact dealer which told me they cannot do the brake/clutch flush because they did not have the correct reservoir cap adapter for their vacuum flush unit.

I do not know what changed since I made that attempt to have it done there (maybe they bothered to buy that cap??) two years ago. [dunno]

But this time I am going to ask them to try and fit whatever they have onto the reservoir BEFORE they open up, and therefore ruin, one of my now $22.00 cans of Bosch brake fluid (yes, 'only' $11.00 at Rock Auto, but >$22.00/can once you calculate in their shipping shenanigans BS! [mad]), and then inform me that they cannot do the effing job!!

THANKS for asking them for me, as facebook is soooo effing useless, I wish these groups could do something independent of/without using them! [wink]

Last edited: