Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is my FiST ready for GTX2871

Hello!
My question if you didn't realize is do I have the correct combination of supporting mods to bolt on the biggest turbo ATP has to offer on our little 1.6L. I currently have (assume I have) a DHM Cyborg hybrid turbo. It's smoking now (better then vape) and I'm afraid for it's safety. It's all white smoke out the exhaust especially on cold start. I also found oil caked in the OEM boost pipes. Had to remove the intercooler and clean it out.

Mods relevant to turbo installed are as follows.
1) ATP (garrett) intercooler
2) VIBRA-TECHNICS engine mount + powerflex RMM
3) Ridium Catchers combo (catch can set)
4) No Shit 2Jr cowl induction high flow intake
5) AirTec Big (🍌) Boost pipe kit
6) Mountune triple ex-wife radiator + silicone hoesEssay
7) Unidentified Downpipe đź‘˝
8) Unidentified exhaust (I think it's a HKS EVOlution GT)

Mods I plan to purchase months AFTER turbo install are as follows.

1) AUX fuel not sure if single or multi
2) Fuel pump again I'm not sure which
3) LSD from some company with a Q in it
4) Clutches and CV axles (maybe OEM)

Q: What power goals you got in mind Brobro?

A: Idk anything I can get the car is already fun but anything more could only mean more fun!

Q: *Adjusts eyeware* Umm yes uhh what type of fuel will you be running with this project?

A: Well pointdexter I know my local gas station has 91/93 octane so that's what I'll be using.

Q: Why such a massive tumor on your car? Will it be a track car only?

A: The car will see the track but it's primary function is to drive me to work, EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Q: Are you ready to only use they last 4k rpm of your fiesta?

A: Yes

Q: What tuner will you be choosing?

A: I don't know. 🤔

ME Q: Do you think Big Turbo is the way to go? If not a GTX2871 then what turbo?

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Hello!
My question if you didn't realize is do I have the correct combination of supporting mods to bolt on the biggest turbo ATP has to offer on our little 1.6L.

Q: Are you ready to only use they last 4k rpm of your fiesta?

A: Yes
On the track: go for it!
On the street: good luck. Can't use it often enough, safe enough or sticky enough.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ya GTX2871 on our engines on the street. Forgot it. Not a daily driver setup. If your doing daily driver and your car has a Cyborg I would say stay in the Hybrid realm with a Whoosh Hybrid or go Turbo Technics S280. Or maybe a bigger Garrett but not a 2871 it would be a was of time in my opinion. Remember though going big turbo pretty much means aux fuel or HPLP and injectors to take advantage of it.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Good thread, I'm always interested in people that go big turbo (bigger than s280) with fuel. Anyone comment on what the ultimate track turbo would be? I guess it's track dependant to a certain extent, right?

OP
iGilgamesh
Thread Starter #5
Thank you to everyone who answered my question. Looks like everyone of y'all were correct. According to the tuner I was on the phone with, no reputable tuner would work with my build if I don't have the supporting fuel mods to keep the motor from sending the cylinder head to the stratosphere. So I guess I'll keep it safe and go hybrid for now while I work on upgrade the fuel system.

OP
iGilgamesh
Thread Starter #7
So instead of replacing my turbo with a S284 like a good boostboi, I've decided to purchase a few other supporting mods to prepare to run a gtx2871 like I wanted. I've picked up an peron Aux fuel system from a member here for a great price, I've also purchased a new mountune radiator and whoosh radiator hoses along with a pro alloy aux hose kit. Next would be a hpfp w/uprated injectors and uprated lpfp. I plan on going full e85. What else should I pick up? I value you guys opinions here and I promise I'll start a build thread once the pieces to the puzzle have been gathered.

Why gtx2871 why not g25-660?

I wanna be different.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So instead of replacing my turbo with a S284 like a good boostboi, I've decided to purchase a few other supporting mods to prepare to run a gtx2871 like I wanted. I've picked up an peron Aux fuel system from a member here for a great price, I've also purchased a new mountune radiator and whoosh radiator hoses along with a pro alloy aux hose kit. Next would be a hpfp w/uprated injectors and uprated lpfp. I plan on going full e85. What else should I pick up? I value you guys opinions here and I promise I'll start a build thread once the pieces to the puzzle have been gathered.

Why gtx2871 why not g25-660?

I wanna be different.
well one thing is you either get the Perox aux fuel or you get the HPFP and uprated injectors you do not need both.

xxiaze

Well, if you’re really intending to go with a 2871 then you’ll want to set aside about 8-10k for your motor. You’d be able to “use” the turbo without the full
In motor build... but it will be boring and quite laggy. That being said, something like the s280 or 2867 are probably better bets. You’d have much better spool and quite frankly probably better power band all together without a motor build. I’m talking not even an MRX would be sufficient for the 2871. You’ll need special head studs uprated beyond the ARP ones for our blocks. Cylinder support and sleeved + forged and balanced internals. These things would be minimum requirements to make any sort of intended use with the 2871