Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thinking about buying a new FiST! Car already has 105 miles on it! All from test drives

Thinking about buying a new FiST! Car already has 105 miles on it! All from test drives!

Only one I could find in white with grey Recaros

Worried about all the test drive miles on the car.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

Go for it man.

i doubt all 107 miles were bat shit insane crazy bastard mode. I did two test drives, one where i tested the turbo and handling, and the second with my wife and baby in the back..... you'll get all kinds of different people test driving cars my man.

Go for it if you can get a great deal. That many miles means the car has been on the lot for a while. I got mine around the same mileage. The car was on the dealer lot for several months. I jumped on the deal because it was heavily discounted.

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
Go for it if you can get a great deal. That many miles means the car has been on the lot for a while. I got mine around the same mileage. The car was on the dealer lot for several months. I jumped on the deal because it was heavily discounted.
What kind of deal did they give you?

I have tried negotiating with them when the car had 60 miles and in two days the car had 104! I was very upset that they were out running the car around with test drives when I was trying to make a deal! That to me is a lot of miles for two days of test drives.

I asked what kind of test drive they do and the reply was we let them go for as long as they want but with a sales man. I'm now really having second thoughts.

Seams pretty excessive for two days of test drives.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
As you said, test drives are always with a salesman.
They can't get too out of hand.

Anyway you will do 107 miles the first day you own it.

Dave

Hell I had 5000 on mine in a month and a half. Miles just seem to appear out of nowhere.

Good thing I leased it lol

Hell I had 5000 on mine in a month and a half. Miles just seem to appear out of nowhere.

Good thing I leased it lol

How is that a good thing? you used a good amount of the miles you are limited to a year in 1 month... thats like spending most of your paycheck right when you get paid.

How is that a good thing? you used a good amount of the miles you are limited to a year in 1 month... thats like spending most of your paycheck right when you get paid.
I'm buying her at the end of the lease. I had to lease first for the lower payment.
[emoji594] [emoji100] [emoji600]

Etyrnus

Mine had 599 miles when I bought it. Had been on the dealer's lot for a while. I look at it this way, it got a more varied break in than I possibly could have done.

What kind of deal did they give you?

I have tried negotiating with them when the car had 60 miles and in two days the car had 104! I was very upset that they were out running the car around with test drives when I was trying to make a deal! That to me is a lot of miles for two days of test drives.

I asked what kind of test drive they do and the reply was we let them go for as long as they want but with a sales man. I'm now really having second thoughts.

Seams pretty excessive for two days of test drives.
We started at invoice for a loaded FiST (Recaros, sunroof, GPS, protection). They ended up giving me sunroof, protection, and GPS for free with a discount on the Recaros.

You're probably not going to do much better than that this late in the model year. Just got mine recently and it had 100 miles on it as well. I wasn't happy about it, but now is the time to get deals. If you want to wait a few months, you can get a 2016 and it will be brand spanking new and probably cost a couple grand more than what you can get it for now.

I'd say jump on it. I would. The mileage isn't unusual. They don't keep enough of these on the lot so they sell what they test drive. Nicely packaged too. The longer you hesitate the more miles are going to add up.

FistSt215

Bought my 2015 fist with 80 miles . Most likely the car will have test drive miles unless you order one and gets drop off at the dealer with 0 miles.

OP
T
Thread Starter #17
We started at invoice for a loaded FiST (Recaros, sunroof, GPS, protection). They ended up giving me sunroof, protection, and GPS for free with a discount on the Recaros.
Wow that is a great deal!

This dealer is very tight and is only willing to go 1000 off msrp plus whatever fords rebate is.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
My car came with a note on the window it was used as a factory test unit sorry about the extra 50 some miles on it .. nice on a order out car i thought .. has not mattered though the car is stout

As you said, test drives are always with a salesman.
They can't get too out of hand.

Anyway you will do 107 miles the first day you own it.

Dave
Not always true. We took my buddy's 2014 sti on a test drive and the salesman stayed back... But I agree 100 miles is nothing.

Get it. Mine had 50 or so when I got it, 100 when I drove it home. Also when did they start painting the wheels on the fiestas? I wish I could have gotten gloss black ones on mine..

edit: those aren't black, I need to use my eyes..