Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is this normal? Coolant questions

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Check out this short video - is this normal behavior? Note that it is raining hard in the video so lots of background noise.

View: https://youtu.be/xisIb99Vzao

There were little wisps of smoke coming off the expansion tank cap and the level window seems very active. Also there was a good amount of burbling noise but hard to hear with the background noise.

Mountune radiator with pro alloy expansion tank. Coolant temp never got higher than 214.

I'd say it's normal since the cooling system is a degas one and not a sealed one. That means excess air pressure is supposed to go out and air will go back in when it's cooling down. For the coolant movement in the tank, I'd also say it's normal because you have one hose coming from the turbo and one other I don't remember where it's going. You don't notice much water flow in the stock tank because it's baffled which is not the case on your tank if I'm not mistaken.