Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is turbo flutter with a Turbosmart EM BOV plumb back VR2 normal?

minieater

Hi,
Is turbo flutter with a Turbosmart EM BOV plumb back VR2 normal?

I have a S280, tune, v3 intercooler and cold plugs as mods.

I checked the plug and vacuum several times and they seem to be correct.

Some people say flutter is normal with the bov and some say it's not.

Attached is the sound it makes. It's faint but still there especially with the window down.
Thoughts?
Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:
Nothing to worry about. Also sounds great!

My understanding is that surge is what you're worried about, and you'll only see that problem manifest as you're rolling into power if present not as the turbo responds to coming off boost. And once you're off boost you're not in a situation where you even need to be worrying about noises, surge, flutter, etc.

haste

1000 Post Club
Vent to atmosphere FTW on the noises! Even though it probably contributes to some lag between shifts.
Yeah, I thought about it but my car is already loud enough with the exhaust. I didn't want the BOV noise on top of that. The odd thing is the frigging stock diverter valve was louder than the plumb back!

Can verify with everyone else that is normal. As other stated, you need to be concerned if you are coming from high boost, situations and you here a more violent flutter. That is when you need that BOV to clear charge pipe pressure.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, I thought about it but my car is already loud enough with the exhaust. I didn't want the BOV noise on top of that. The odd thing is the frigging stock diverter valve was louder than the plumb back!
MY GFB DV, even with the thick factory type Motorcraft filter, albeit in an ST200 box, 'chirps' loudly between shifts, especially when cold.

the duke