Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Isabella de la fiesta

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #242
Jason was probably more conservative, and it will continue to get better after many tune revisions. Maybe stick with Jason and start doing your tune logs. Everyone seems to like him more..

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
You think stratified would give me my money back? Also, their tune is noticably faster... But that could also be they jumped the gun a bit and overtuned it as well.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You think stratified would give me my money back? Also, their tune is noticably faster... But that could also be they jumped the gun a bit and overtuned it as well.

I don't have a Turbo upgrade, but I know from others that it takes many many revisions. You can't compare your base tune, you will probably have a dozen revisions. Go look at the S280 thread look at how many revisions those guys are doing. I would say no on the money back.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #247
Btw you would be able to diagnose and tune much easier on a dyno and then tweak it with datalogs. 2 pennies.
I agree but we don't have a tuner for fiestas close enough in Norfolk VA. Also, they are waiting for me to send them the bad parts and I've been really busy. Otherwise they have said in very professional business jargan that mountune stands behind their work.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #248
So looks like I need constant tension hose clamps now... Haha. Second time I've blown them off the housing in 2 days. Also, has anyone measured the outlet side of the x57rs. I'm still using stock hoses and it's a bitch to keep pushing on cuz it's obviously not big enough. If no one gets back to me by the time I leave work today I'll be measuring it with a micrometer and posting it here. Also, any constant tension worm gear brands you guys recommend? I've heard Murray's are pretty good as well as turbosmarts. Also, progress. I talked with the guys over at stratified yesterday. Alex says my volumetric efficiency is off. He had also kindly asked that I don't beat on the car... I really wish it was that easy lol. Anyways there's a big possiblity that I was right in my assessment and due to the uprated cams, it's throwing the p2282 code due to the cams and other sensors not being calibrated with each other. I'll be submitting some logs to him and I'll get back with yall to update. I appreciate everyone's help trying to figure this out. I've learned so much. I will also say, my bank account is looking a little lean since starting this build but I am almost certain I need bigger charge pipes. I may be constructing my own. I also am certain I need a bigger intake so I may be modifying 2js design as well. Their pipe for their intake is like 2.5 inches? I need something like 3.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #250
I have seen in more than one thread that doubling up on the worm gears will work well at holding those hoses on.
Yes, I have as well. I did do this when I had the stockie on but now that I've spent so much on the car I'm kind of wanting to clean it up and make it look good. The 1 hose clamp would be more elegant. I totally agree with you 2 would solve my issue.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Who is going to criticize your under carriage? Just double up and use Hairspray as a lube and adhesive when it dries

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Well sounds like things are getting better for you that's good.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #255
First unbuild hose by peron was unsuccessful. So Ron sent me one out for free that was prebuilt. Looks fairly decent. Crimps look solid.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #258
Btw you are only a few hours from CP-E in Spartanburg.
I'm military and my duty station is Norfolk. Since their location is more than 350 miles from my duty station I would have to submit a request to go that far. It's not worth the trouble.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #260
So on the 2j intake, they did something that's kind of annoyed me since I bought the intake. They placed the bosses in very bad locations. The heater hose connection goes to the passenger side corner by the passenger side strut tower. The evap hose connection goes right behind the exhaust solenoid. The main problem with the evap hose is that since the connection comes in contact with the exhaust solenoid, this hose has literally melted on multiple occasions(right now it has a smidge of heat tape on it). Maybe I'm missing something but is there any reason I can't blue line these bosses out and reweld them in more suitable locations?