Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Isabella de la fiesta

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #321
I've always been the type of person that wants to set someone up for success so I wanna make sure I checked everything before I sent off my final logs for the ve table to him.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Does Alex, or any of the other tuners out there, have any opinions on the Brisk plugs at all?

I ask because way back in the 'stang and f body/LSx communities, there was much acrimonious debate/opinion divide concerning that plug brand.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #324
Alright so I have a guess as to what's causing the motor to miss but I'm going to go all out. I've replaced the boots with brand new coils, got brand new stock spark plugs and it responds noticably better. I also got a new maf sensor and installed it. I wired in a oil pressure gauge and all works well, did an oil change with 5w-40 motul oil which ends my break-in period. Next weekend I will be swapping out the manifold with a known good, changing out the crankcase pressure valve (this is probably where my small vacuum leak has been coming from) and fixing my door trim which I've put off for far too long.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Alright so I have a guess as to what's causing the motor to miss but I'm going to go all out. I've replaced the boots with brand new coils, got brand new stock spark plugs and it responds noticably better. I also got a new maf sensor and installed it. I wired in a oil pressure gauge and all works well, did an oil change with 5w-40 motul oil which ends my break-in period. Next weekend I will be swapping out the manifold with a known good, changing out the crankcase pressure valve (this is probably where my small vacuum leak has been coming from) and fixing my door trim which I've put off for far too long.

A smart engineer changes one variable at a time - otherwise it's hard to identify which change solved the problem. Good luck getting it sorted and tune up properly!

I messed with the fuel and ignition timing on my supercharged and 7th injected 4Runner one day - could barely make it up the hill just outside the city. At that point I resigned to the fact that I need to a pro to maximize the beast. $1000 and 14 dyno runs later and the rig runs great! Basically, yes, I am also glad I'm not tuning a direct injection car! I couldn't even get port injection done right... ha!

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #326
Codes finally popped again. So my misfires for cyl 3 have gone away. I only have misfires on cyl 2 now so I guess the coil was bad. I know it's smarter to swap one part at a time but with most of these parts having been on the car when the engine failed I said better safe then sorry. I have too much money invested in this thing to go cheap. I will be saving the manifold for last and only swap over the crankcase vent valves when it comes in. Ive actually tested the full rail and all injectors and even went as far as to clean the system with some Lucas. Im pretty sure the fuel system is a ok. With that being said the crankcase vent valve being swapped out, if it doesn't fix my issue leads the only other solution being that the manifold has a crack in it. I've checked all lines, twisted and folded them along the entire length to expose cracks if there were any and saw none.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #327
I fucking found it! For once throwing parts at a problem worked... I checked every single thing before installing them. What I found was my meth bung was factory tight which is to say not at all, my map tap had too small an o ring and was leaking by, I dont think the manifold was snug enough or it could have actually had a hairline crack from my engine failure and my crankcase vent valve was absolutely broken probably broken from the same instance. Since you cant reinstall the cpe cold side pipe without removing the bumper I went ahead and installed the bravoalpha intercooler I bought a while ago. Also car now has falken 615k tires... I love these things and am really glad the forum recommended a 200 tread tire. I cant even break traction now. Only codes I'm getting now are p0300 generic misfire and p061a which i dont even worry about anymore. Its all in alexs hands now. Fuel trims are really messed up since it was tuned around a problem haha.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #328
Just paid for my custom drilled rpf1s from FMwheels. Not sure their turn around time but I'm excited. Also gonna try to handle that oil leak in the rear of the engine sometime soon. Its either coming from the valve cover or coming from one of the oil lines off the turbo. I've had the return line replaced before and nothing changed so I'm leaning towards a small valve cover leak. Its crazy how many parts break when your engine fails. Like I know the obvious ones, valves, pistons but I never would have thought that the intake could break or that you could crack your exhaust manifold. I've learned a lot these last few months.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #331
Just looked it up haha special brilliant coating? No I did not. I did have them powdercoated in a gloss black though and think they will come out nice. I had them include 63.4 mm aluminum wheel hubs and the caps as well. The caps actually look really nice.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Enkei up-charges you ~ $60.00-$75.00 per wheel for that finish, so not too bad.

It probably was not an option for you anyway, since it has to come from Enkei that way, and with the custom drilling/fill work you had done, it probably could not be done after the fact, as a finish.

The black will look great regardless though! [thumb]

Last edited:
OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #333
So just took a trip down to maaco to get a quote on paint. If you guys are wondering why I don't post pictures, my cars been in a lot of wrecks. Shockingly none have been my fault but some of the damage is still left and I want to get it repaired. So maaco quoted me 2034 to sand the entire car down repair the damage to my fenders and repaint the entire car whatever color I want. Also it comes with a 5 year warranty on damage.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Just make sure it's a real paint job.

I had maaco paint a old beater car I had for around $400 and it's simply just a one stage paint sprayed over the car no clear coat.
Just make sure you find out how many coats they are going to spray of paint and clear.

$2,000 to sand a car down and repaint is extremely cheap.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #336
Just make sure it's a real paint job.

I had maaco paint a old beater car I had for around $400 and it's simply just a one stage paint sprayed over the car no clear coat.
Just make sure you find out how many coats they are going to spray of paint and clear.

$2,000 to sand a car down and repaint is extremely cheap.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
That quotes for 2 base coats and 1 clear

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #337
So this misfire issue is starting to really bug me. Got a second opinion from one of the other prominent tuners and he says it looks to him like a big contributor to it missing is the ve tables are still off which I get. Especially since I fixed my intake issue, but crowd, riddle me this. How did I just get another p2282 air leak between TB and air valves AGAIN and I had the entire intake system smoked out in every possible location and there were NO leaks. It leads me to think possibly an exhaust leak now? The difference this time is p2282 is not a illuminated light now. Or maybe it never was idk... Misfires still continue. Read more on spark plugs and decided to say fuck it, gapped them at .018 and sent it. Did a 4th gear pull 2000 rpm- redline (7500) and then drove around for a bit and came home. Logged the pull and the drive home in seperate logs. Took spark plugs out when I got home... No fouling... Yet. Still misfires.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #338
Also, to anyone whose wondering, its not just a few misfires I'm concerned with. I could handle like 20-40 misfires over a 30 mins trip that's fine. No, I'm getting so many misfires my check engine light flashes (this is usually at high revs) and it goes into limp mode.

Does it actually misfire or does it pull timing and then go into limp mode?
Had similar issues with a new engine after the first went kabloom. Turned out it was false knock due to a loose knock sensor connector. The mounting tabs on the connector were broken. Fixed it with duct tape and the issue went away.
Seems like a thing to check when you're getting a p061a error that could be throttle body wiring or signal issues.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Also, to anyone whose wondering, its not just a few misfires I'm concerned with. I could handle like 20-40 misfires over a 30 mins trip that's fine. No, I'm getting so many misfires my check engine light flashes (this is usually at high revs) and it goes into limp mode.

Ever get this sorted? Curious where you are at with tuning..