Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Isabella de la fiesta

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
THANKS for this, as I was considering the Brisks for the next change, but will stick with the Iridiums or Rutheniums. [thumb] [wink]

There were many who hated them in the 4th gen/LSx world as well, but I thought it might be different on this platform.
I run them with no issues* FYI

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #365
I'm usually not too enamored of the aesthetics of the RPF1s at all, but those look good in black. [thumb]
I thought the rpf1s looked ugly for the longest time as well but it kind of grew on me (the design). I'm glad I went with black powdercoat. Is there a market for our rims? Cuz if so I'm gonna try to have the stocks repairs and sell em. If not I'm just gonna scrap them.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I thought the rpf1s looked ugly for the longest time as well but it kind of grew on me (the design). I'm glad I went with black powdercoat. Is there a market for our rims? Cuz if so I'm gonna try to have the stocks repairs and sell em. If not I'm just gonna scrap them.

I only ever see people get rid of them for between 100-200 usually. I low key wish I hadn’t gotten rid of mine cause then I could have something to throw all seasons on for the winter and use summer tires on my titans.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

I am only holding onto my stockers until this thing is fully paid off, then they are gone faster than lightning (if something catastrophic happens to me financially, and this thing gets repo-ed, they are NOT getting Dekas, Methods, or my 1.2s!! [nono]). [wink]

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #369
Need good rear options.... I wish Ron made a solution for us but looks like he only made the fronts

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #370
Svt brackets, ebc rotors and DSC 30 pads in route for the rear. I'm doing the rears first cuz I have a warped rotor back there.

If that thing is dirty I shouldn't post any pictures of mine :eek:

What is the part number on those EBC rotors? Been thinking of going that route at some point. Loved the stock size EBC rotors and yellowstuff pads. Felt less sensitive but more powerful when slamming the brakes.

Hey daloonie, do you have a picture of when you had this issue by chance? I have the harness pulled out a bit where I can see the crank sensor and I could take a look tomorrow.

Sure do, this little tab broke, and it's what holds the connector together. Fixed it with duct tape to make it friction fit and sorted the whole issue.

Sorry for the late post, been far far away from my Fiesta due to the second engine failure.

Attachments

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #373
I have definitively found the issue with my misfires. When I took this car into bumpoff to have the camshaft fixed, my ecm was reprogrammed to verify it wasn't corrupted. When this happened the ecm lost its misfire counter. Due to this nothing I did fixed the misfire counter because it had to be recalibrated. I took it into ford and finally found a tech who had seen this problem before. He told me every time you remove the engine from a car and put a new one in, let your battery die, or reprogram the computer this must be recalibrated. Specifically your telling the crankshaft position sensor what a misfire looks like. Due to this i had huge fueling issues because when the car missed it thought it was too much fuel so it would lean out the mix which would miss even more. Thats why on high rpms I would actually get a rapid misses because the ecm was actually compounding the issue more. I was seeing 2k misfires on a 1 hour drive to and from work sometimes leading to the flashing check engine light. Now I'm seeing 300 with me intentionally trying to provoke it and I see nothing. Next step will be tuning the aux. Currently accessport says I'm making 277 hp and 255 torque. Based on the forums those numbers should be 10% conservative so i could very well be already making close to 300 hp. Sent logs to alex and hoping he gets back to me soon.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I took it into ford and finally found a tech who had seen this problem before. He told me every time you remove the engine from a car and put a new one in, let your battery die, or reprogram the computer this must be recalibrated. Specifically your telling the crankshaft position sensor what a misfire looks like.
So even on a pure factory tune/snail, never altered at all, when one so much as changes out the battery, this must be re-calibrated??

Do the tuners, whether it is a flash tune, or a 'full works' tune, as a matter of course, put any type of re-calibration of the misfire counter? [dunno]

IF not, there are A LOT of people out there running around without operational misfire counters, and potentially running into the very same problems you have cataloged here. [???:)]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So even on a pure factory tune/snail, never altered at all, when one so much as changes out the battery, this must be re-calibrated??

Do the tuners, whether it is a flash tune, or a 'full works' tune, as a matter of course, put any type of re-calibration of the misfire counter? [dunno]

IF not, there are A LOT of people out there running around without operational misfire counters, and potentially running into the very same problems you have cataloged here. [???:)]

This has me wondering about a bunch of things now! Good question though!

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #379

I am sure if the capacitors in the ecm didnt discharge this shouldnt be needed. But say you did what i did and took the car apart and the ecm was disconnected for like 3 months... then yea. Also, if your asking if the tuners can mess with the counter, I was told my alex this needs to be fixed by ford and he cannot touch it. It must be part of the settings they can't mess with.

Last edited: