Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Isc coilovers

I have the N1 kit, with street sport valving. Been driving on them for about 6k miles now. Is there something specific you wanted to know about them, or just general feedback?

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
Yea just general review wanted to know how they handle and ride quality compared too stock and if you had any other set up to compare too that be great I have the st basic coilovers right now and they handle great but sometimes on long trips with family wish I could adjust them for a softer ride

In my experience they're worse for the street than my previous setup (swifts + oe dampers). I was expecting this coming in due to the valving, stiffer spring rates (6/4). It gets pretty uncomfortable on bumpy roads but it's manageable for me. Ive tried adjusting the dampers and it seems 11/32 f/r is my sweet spot for the street; any lower and it gets too bouncy. I'd imagine the comfort valving with lower spring rates would work well for the street.

In the canyons/track the extra stiffness definitely helps out, I can corner at a little higher speeds and turn in is noticeably sharper. I did notice in my last track day that the car did tend to lose grip in the front first when pushing though, might be my alignment. I've only tracked it with the dampers set at 16/32 f/r so will need to try tweaking it.

Overall I'm satisfied with them, if I could go back id probably go with the basic set as I didnt really need the camber plates, and slightly lower spring rates; might do that when it's time for a rebuild.

OP
J
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the great feedback well I'm gona go with the comfort springs and hopefully once I tweak with it I can get a good balance between comfort and performance