Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ISC N1 Coilovers: Installed!

Title says it all. I recently tried out the N1 suspension system from ISC suspensions for the Fiesta. 'Tried' is the operative word as there is no ST-specific set. I had talked to the company and while they did not make an ST specific variant, they were really interested in seeing how the normal Fiesta system worked out. After some back-and-forth, I had my system. I am really happy with the overall quality of all of the products, as well as the resulting set-up on my Fiesta. Better than stock all around.

Ask any questions and I'll try and answer them. I have some more comprehensive write-ups on my own website, but I am unsure on this sites stance on what could be considered self-promotion. If you want to read them, let me know. I really just want to let people know that the ISC system could be a alternative to other brands out there.

Best
S

A7xogg

I ran these on my track civic for a few years, definatly an awesome product. Shocks are well dampened and quality is excellent

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
For sure. I hated the bouncy ride up here on my terrible NorCal roads, but didn't want to sacrifice performance since I track the car occasionally. Essentially I wanted a daily I could track. These delivered.

So that review says the rear adjustments can't be accessed. Is there some way around that? An extra access hole? A flexible extension etc?

How's the overall length. Can the suspension be set at stock height and still have good travel both ways?

Pros and cons of this system compared to any of their competitors you might have considered?

OP
T
Thread Starter #7
Well, the shop I went to said ISC may be able to do something on their end, or a small access hole may be cut if you really want to adjust them a lot. This set was installed knowing ISC would be taking the feedback and developing with it, so this may change in future sets.

I considered other coilovers, of course, but wanted to go a little off the beaten track. That was the main motivator for trying the ISC's, as well as a very smooth, controlled riding 370Z I saw riding on them.

I am sure it can be set to stock height and have good travel. I am running 215/45/17 tires (a little bigger), and have it set to about .5in drop all around. No rub, and only occasionally hard hits on road imperfections (big, deep, road imperfections....CA doesn't like to improve its roads). It passed both the wife and grandma test. My wife said it felt more comfortable when I just drove like a normal person.