Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just got my tune! Now what?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Btw you’ll probably need to delete some items from the list so you can add what your tuner has requested to log. Data logging was fun in the beginning 5 years ago 🚀
I wonder if you can turn on logging for *all* the parameters lol.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
Just in case you aren't super clear on it - to start logging you push the big round button on the AP while on the "gauges" screen, it'll blink to tell you it's logging, then you do your pull, then you push the big round button to stop logging, then you send him the file.

Not pandering, I just don't know what your level of familiarity with the AP and starting logging is. Some people thought that "logging" was watching the numbers on the AP while doing the pull, just making sure you know the difference :)
I'll gladly take all info. Thank you!

From what I remember you can only choose so many to data log from that long ass list.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
If you check the OP, there’s a list of the things Dizzy says to monitor. You enable what to log from the gauges screen, then I logs just the selected parameters to a file. You can send the logs in or you can upload them to datazap.me to look at them.
Or, put them into vDyno, that's always fun. :)

Heck, even once you send a datalog in Gmail, the sent file then shows all your data in a chart you can pull up and learn more what's going on.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
You just need to put 100 miles on the car then do a 2500-6500 logged pull in 3rd gear with those things selected... The gauges can only show 6 at a time but it can do something like 28 for logging in the background.
According to Dizzy's site, 4th gear pull. That's a longer road and a nice speeding ticket...I have to get way out of town for that.

Datalogging How-to (Ford)
Only WOT datalogs need to be performed on Ford vehicles. Due to the Speed Density based ECU logic, the ECU has the ability to automatically adjust for a variety of intakes and intercoolers on the market.

WOT logs should be performed in 4th gear, after the vehicle is fully warmed up. Drive the car in 4th gear at around 2,500 RPM, and press the center button to begin recording. Press the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and rev the engine up to 6,500 RPM. You can then let off and end the log by pressing the center button. It is very important that you start your WOT pull at 2,500 RPM and end your pull at 6,500 RPM.

As always, be safe and courteous to those around you. Try to avoid any traffic, if possible. I also want to mention, the flatter and straighter the road these logs are performed on, can greatly improve the results of your custom tune. Consistency is very important during the e-tune process.
https://dizzytuning.com/pages/tuning-info

danbfree

3000 Post Club
According to Dizzy's site, 4th gear pull. That's a longer road and a nice speeding ticket...I have to get way out of town for that.

Datalogging How-to (Ford)
Only WOT datalogs need to be performed on Ford vehicles. Due to the Speed Density based ECU logic, the ECU has the ability to automatically adjust for a variety of intakes and intercoolers on the market.

WOT logs should be performed in 4th gear, after the vehicle is fully warmed up. Drive the car in 4th gear at around 2,500 RPM, and press the center button to begin recording. Press the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and rev the engine up to 6,500 RPM. You can then let off and end the log by pressing the center button. It is very important that you start your WOT pull at 2,500 RPM and end your pull at 6,500 RPM.

As always, be safe and courteous to those around you. Try to avoid any traffic, if possible. I also want to mention, the flatter and straighter the road these logs are performed on, can greatly improve the results of your custom tune. Consistency is very important during the e-tune process.
https://dizzytuning.com/pages/tuning-info
Well, 4th gear to 6500 is never gonna happen, that's just WAY too fast, I've always used 3rd... if every other tuner and vDyno knows how to adjust the results accordingly, I'm sure Jason is smart enough to use 3rd gear data... I still have to send him a log for my new stage 2 pump, but I don't drive much and still gotta use up this ethanol first, but I guess I'll find out pretty soon!