Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ken Block's Gymkhana Eight: Ultimate Exotic Playground - Dubai

Am I the only one extremely underwhelmed? Nothing other than some donuts in random different spots, really.

Yeah, I'm partial to the SF one.

I do like the doughnuts around the two wheel truck, that is crazy.

I also like how he outran a Veyron.

I have to say Dubai looks very nice but I don't know if I would want to visit.

GYMKHANA_EIGHT Thoughts&Discussion

I'm sure by now everyone has watched GYMKHANA_EIGHT already, so thoughts on the production? Best GYMKHANA so far? Also, wage your thoughts on the beauty spied at the end. The Focus RS_RX:

Attachments

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #8

Attachments

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
There are two amazing parts about this:

1. Only one shot has tire marks in it already. This means, he either went in without practicing or they cleaned up and he still did it without having visual lines. Look through all the other videos; there's always marks down. This alone is far more impressive than his other videos.

2. The man shutdown (with Ford help I imagine) at least two runways at an INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. Can you imagine the red tape that had to be sorted through with the FAA, and the sheer amount of money that took?

He went big, and he took big risks (no practice or no lines). It's my opinion that if you're not impressed, you're naive.

7 was about $1M. I'm guessing this one was well north of $2M.

Young L

In any of his videos you see marks from practice runs and they go through several sets of tires none of the videos are done in one takes. The only oh shit moments I had was the donuts around the Raptor on two wheels and the Focus RS RX other than it wasn't that impressive.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
There are two amazing parts about this:

1. Only one shot has tire marks in it already. This means, he either went in without practicing or they cleaned up and he still did it without having visual lines. Look through all the other videos; there's always marks down. This alone is far more impressive than his other videos.

2. The man shutdown (with Ford help I imagine) at least two runways at an INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. Can you imagine the red tape that had to be sorted through with the FAA, and the sheer amount of money that took?

He went big, and he took big risks (no practice or no lines). It's my opinion that if you're not impressed, you're naive.

7 was about $1M. I'm guessing this one was well north of $2M.
I think he had some help from this guy as well

https://instagram.com/p/96fQ4Po6XQ/

the reason why he hits 60 in 1.8 is those massive tires 4wd and some crazy gearing right? I mean hes shifting like 5 times before 80. I heard it can 'only' top 120?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I spent a few days in Dubai in 1990, it did not look at all like it does now, to say the least.

We were in a bus heading back to the base, empty long straight road, stoplight in the middle of nowhere, Testarossa pulls up by us, bus driver revs, car driver dressed in his princely rob revs, we had a drag race, it was great fun:)

I like the video and highly respect the effort it would take to shoot something like that but I do like the SF one the best as well.

No FAA in Dubai, I bet it only took a Sultan or something to get use of a runway. They probably had a choice of several spare 747s too.

If Block had jumped a 747 in his Fiesta, I would be very impressed.

I think the thing about this one was mostly everything behind the scenes. On camera it was nice to look at. Visually it was stunning with the camera work and all. I think what was really impressive was the production of it (shutting down roads and airport) that sort of thing. I mean holy heck everybody is talking about it, some serious marketing.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
All that power and pounding on the car he needs some pretty tough wheels, the rest of us can save some weight and run something lighter:)

Not my style for a street car but for the car they are on, perfect:)

-----------------

Shutting down SF had to be on a Sunday as pretty dead there or used to be but the politics had to be hell to get through!

-----------------

Shutting down Dubai with the bazillion dollars spent building it and needing more tourists, how the country is ran, may of been easier, they need the advertising and got a butt load out of the deal.

Funny thing is all my friends who have seen it, now are asking me about mine, i've become rather popular with my friends lol.