Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LH Drive Axle Replacement

Hitch

Hey guys,
Currently trying to replace the LH drive axle on my 2015 FiST after taking a big pot hole hit that bent my wheel and blew out my tire. There was an grinding/vibration that came up through the steering wheel even after I replaced the wheel. I was told that the most likely culprit was a damaged wheel bearing. So I replaced the bearing (BE8Z-1215-C) but the problem persisted. So the only other cause I could think was a bad drive axle. So two Q's.

Q1: The axle I took off the car has part number C1BY-3B437-AA. The one that I ordered online from TASCA (https://www.tascaparts.com/v-2015-f...-gas/front-drive-axle--axle-shafts-and-joints) has the part number C1BZ-3B437-C.
Does anyone know if there are difference between the two? Comparing them visually, I couldn't tell the difference.

Q2: I should've asked Q1 before trying to install C1BZ-3B437-C without posting here first. But it is what it is. I attempted to install C1BZ-3B437-C. I first reinstalled C1BY-3B437-AA to use as a point of reference for what "felt" right. Then put the new one in. It seemed to seat within the splines just like C1BY-3B437-AA. But it still stuck out about 2" from the transmission.
I couldn't push it in by hand, so I tapped on this area to get the axle into about 1/2" from being flush with the transmission.

1660789858573.png
Since it wouldn't get any closer, I attempted to remove C1BZ-3B437-C, but she is stuck in there even with using a pry bar.
I've used a bit more leverage than what it took to remove C1BY-3B437-AA and I'm spooked to give it too much more. Any tips?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That is jus a supersession part number* it should still fit just like the old one* There is a circlip on the nose of the Cv splines. This needs to seated correctly in the transaxle. When it is seated correctly it slides in and you can feel it pop into place as the circlip compresses and goes into its home.The axle should have some space between the inboard as if it rode directly on the seal it would wear it out from rotational abrasion.

OP
Hitch

Hitch

Thread Starter #3
I gave the axle a little jangle this morning and some elbow grease... and pop! Right in and flush to the transmission it went. So it must've been the circlip finding it's home.
Appreciate your time and response :)