Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lift kit?

Yeah I get that even the drastic coilover adjustment I'm after may benefit from an alignment... it just feels a little less disruptive to me than removing the strut body altogether every season. Might be a small enough deviation that I could live with it for the winter. I dunno, maybe I'm being stubborn. It's merely an idea I have at this point and want to fully understand how, and if, it would work before pulling the trigger.

Definitely agree that the market doesn't cater to us. Not trying to disparage anyone's preferences but most in the car scene tend to lean form > function, so 3 inch drops and the like are a dime a dozen. But hopefully these new options from Raceworks and Panda will get the ball rolling to usher in an era of capability and functionality. Hell with all the talk of apocalypse, a lift would totally fit that aesthetic.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, kind of like that 'Zombie Rex' which always shows up to work/spectate at the ARA events I work.

I wish there was a pic of it on the nets somewhere, as this thing was wicked with it's cut away body work, lifted suspension, huge BFG trail tires on Method or KMC wheels, and even had an elevated intake snorkel! LOL

I will admit to a bit of form> function myself, when it comes to wheels specifically (and I will be the FIRST to admit that they are THE MOST critical things when it comes to un-sprung mass!).
Until Konig released the Dekagrams, I just could not stand the asthetics of any of the light wheels for these cars, and hated even more some of the ones which people went through the bother of the 4x100 conversion drilling purposely for, because they so desired those 'zero weight' hoops.

To me, it is the most MAJOR thing which 'makes or breaks' the looks of any car, to the point that I was willing to sacrifice that maximal/ultimate un-sprung weight reduction to have something on the car which did not make me HATE it every time I walked up to it, for something heavier, (but still at least 3 pounds lighter than the factory fuglies) which I LOVED the looks of. [wink]

The slammed thing would never work for me, even besides the suspension geometry destroying issues, even if I loved the look of it (which I DO NOT), because if I ever even tried to take a car like that down some of the rally stage roads I must drive on when working rallies, the whole bottom of the car would be torn away/bent, yes, even with a skid plate (which I DO have and use), and other under-body protections. [crazyeye]

Last edited:
Yeah, kind of like that 'Zombie Rex' which always shows up to work/spectate at the ARA events I work.

I wish there was a pic of it on the nets somewhere, as this thing was wicked with it's cut away body work, lifted suspension, huge BFG trail tires on Method or KMC wheels, and even had an elevated intake snorkel! LOL
This?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If that's not the exact one I've been seeing at the ARA events, it is really close to that in concept/execution! [thumb]

I will admit to a bit of form> function myself, when it comes to wheels specifically (and I will be the FIRST to admit that they are THE MOST critical things when it comes to un-sprung mass!).
Until Konig released the Dekagrams, I just could not stand the asthetics of any of the light wheels for these cars, and hated even more some of the ones which people went through the bother of the 4x100 conversion drilling purposely for, because they so desired those 'zero weight' hoops.

To me, it is the most MAJOR thing which 'makes or breaks' the looks of any car, to the point that I was willing to sacrifice that maximal/ultimate un-sprung weight reduction to have something on the car which did not make me HATE it every time I walked up to it, for something heavier, (but still at least 3 pounds lighter than the factory fuglies) which I LOVED the looks of. [wink]

The slammed thing would never work for me, even besides the suspension geometry destroying issues, even if I loved the look of it (which I DO NOT), because if I ever even tried to take a car like that down some of the rally stage roads I must drive on when working rallies, the whole bottom of the car would be torn away/bent, yes, even with a skid plate (which I DO have and use), and other under-body protections. [crazyeye]
No need to convince me! My summers are Sparco Pro Corsas which I've convinced myself are better than the stock wheels despite being the same weight because they're 0.5" wider and have a 7.5mm better offset - none of which I knew until I actually bought them, because I bought them for the look. Form is definitely important too! I just can't fathom scraping the underside of my car on a speed bump or going up my driveway at some ridiculous angle and crawling speed. I'm paranoid enough navigating the terrible roads where I live and I already have to approach my high-curbed driveway at an angle on stock suspension or else rub the rubber wind deflector all over said curb. I do appreciate seeing the 1-1.5" lower guys but there was a dude in my local group who had I think a 3" drop and obnoxiously cambered rear wheels. Let's just say I was not sad or suprised the day he drove it into a lake and tried to blame it on the car being 'cursed'.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, I LOVE the 'look of' a properly, and sanely lowered (like 1" to 1.25" lowered) FiST, or one setup for open track use, lowered.

But I just cannot do that, and use the car the way I want to, for the purposes I enjoy using it for. [wink]

https://www.amazon.com/Tema4x4-Complete-2014-present-2002-2012-2001-present/dp/B07VWT3WQC 30mm ecosport lift then buy some base model fieSta suspension and see what happens, including all the problems you come across. If that actually works you know what your up against in gaining more height and you can continue with a better idea of how itl all pan out.

Ultimately wrong tool for the job. Doesn't sound like you have any knowledge or experience in fabrication or this field so stop waisting your time and energy which could be better spent on something productive. Cut your losses and buy a car better suited for your desires.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You could reach out to team O'Neill and ask what they have done. I did when I wanted a skid plate and they were very helpful.
Sorry for the necro-post comment, but just so that anyone looking at this thread in the future knows, and does not waste their time;

Team O'Neil is TOTALLY and COMPLETELY out of the rally car (or any other form of motorsports) prep/fabrication business, and is ONLY doing their school thing currently. [:(]

You can try O.D.D. Racing in Colorado, who are members on here, and possibly Dirt Fish up in the PAC West. [wink]

https://www.amazon.com/Tema4x4-Complete-2014-present-2002-2012-2001-present/dp/B07VWT3WQC 30mm ecosport lift then buy some base model fieSta suspension and see what happens, including all the problems you come across. If that actually works you know what your up against in gaining more height and you can continue with a better idea of how itl all pan out.

Ultimately wrong tool for the job. Doesn't sound like you have any knowledge or experience in fabrication or this field so stop waisting your time and energy which could be better spent on something productive. Cut your losses and buy a car better suited for your desires.
Thank you for the link. However everyone starts with little to no knowledge of certain skills and the time put into it is what counts. Whether it's a fruitless experience or not will be up to me to judge and I firmly believe any experience is still good experience for better or worse.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
@M-Sport fan Agreed. I lowered my car previously and I loved how it looked and drove but it didn't work out well for me either in my local area so I've been sticking to stock height ever since. But now I'm considering selling my car to get a slightly larger vehicle for some slight offroad (maybe even overlanding) use but I'm still torn because I'd still like to keep this car which brought me to this thread.

Wondering if I can make it work with this car if I can lift it and make small modifications with a larger tire and maybe some shocks or whatnot but I don't really want to go into spending thousands on it. I won't really need to raise and lower the car and a 1" lift would probably be too much for my purpose. Perhaps a .5" - .75" would be sufficient.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Last edited: