Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lift kit?

I know this sounds crazy but I searched and haven't seen anything. Is there a lift kit for our cars? Curious if anyone who rally crosses, what is their suspension setup.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You ARE asking about the SCCA/NASA, autocross type, solo against the clock [NOT wheel to wheel], rallycross, and NOT the all out, wheel to wheel, GRC/World Rallycross, correct?

I would think that IF the courses were that rough, bumpy, and jump/compression laden, and their classing allows it, that one would use a long body/travel type coil over with A LOT of threaded adjustment on it, and some gravel rally, long coil over springs. [dunno]

If they are in an almost no mods allowed stock type class, I guess they just use the stock springs/ride height with a decent travel replacement shock, and just grit it out?

OP
Thread Starter #3
You ARE asking about the SCCA/NASA, autocross type, solo against the clock [NOT wheel to wheel], rallycross, and NOT the all out, wheel to wheel, GRC/World Rallycross, correct?

I would think that IF the courses were that rough, bumpy, and jump/compression laden, and their classing allows it, that one would use a long body/travel type coil over with A LOT of threaded adjustment on it, and some gravel rally, long coil over springs. [dunno]

If they are in an almost no mods allowed stock type class, I guess they just use the stock springs/ride height with a decent travel replacement shock, and just grit it out?
Yes talking about regular joe rally cross. If I was world rally I wouldn't even be on here haha. 90% for looks, 10% for rally cross. Wish something like this existed for our cars, basically what I'm looking for: http://www.subtle-solutions.com/product_info.php?products_id=284

Reviving a dead thread because I was wondering if there was any lift kits or what suspension to get for raising maybe 2-3 inches above stock? Kindve wanting to do a rugged, off road version of a fiesta

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The suspension from the new Euro Fiesta Active might fit. It’s the new off road crossover fiesta.
You also might find the Ecosport suspension fits, as it’s based on the Fiesta body.

The suspension from the new Euro Fiesta Active might fit. It’s the new off road crossover fiesta.
You also might find the Ecosport suspension fits, as it’s based on the Fiesta body.
Is there any modifications that would have to be done in the ecosport suspensions to have them fit?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is there any modifications that would have to be done in the ecosport suspensions to have them fit?

Nobody knows man, he is just brainstorming. If you are serious about this, you would need to figure it out. You would run into a number of issues with a 2-3" lift, that is enormous. All your suspension geometry would be way beyond what is designed for resulting in terrible handling. Not to mention you would need to find different CV axles. The Fiesta is plenty capability in the dirt on OEM suspension but if you want more ground clearance, I think you need to be looking at a subaru outback or forester or something in that segment rather than a low slung hot hatch.

I suppose I'm looking for more wheel gap specifically, have a specific tire I wanna fit and just figured a lift or so to get more wheel gap might be needed. I already planned on having to roll the fenders quite a bit as the tire is a 235/75/15. So just seeing all else I'd have to do.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I suppose I'm looking for more wheel gap specifically, have a specific tire I wanna fit and just figured a lift or so to get more wheel gap might be needed. I already planned on having to roll the fenders quite a bit as the tire is a 235/75/15. So just seeing all else I'd have to do.

Yeah, your goals could not be more unrealistic. You want to fit a tire that is 6" taller than OEM? You need to take a tape measure and actualize visualize what you are trying to do. I think you will be surprised with how absurd it is.

Probably but that's why I come here to be told how plausible or not my ideas are

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Probably but that's why I come here to be told how plausible or not my ideas are

Start with trying to fit a 205/65R15. That will be challenging enough as it is.

If you are dead set on this path, you may want to a Focus ST: https://rebeldevilpower.com/index.p...ct/149507-2012-rebel-devil-customs-lift-kit-3

Although at that point, why not get AWD: https://www.rallitek.com/lift-springs-lift-kits/9721-rallitek-2-lift-kit-wrx-sti-2015-2019.html

If you are dead set on this path, you may want to a Focus ST: https://rebeldevilpower.com/index.p...ct/149507-2012-rebel-devil-customs-lift-kit-3

Although at that point, why not get AWD: https://www.rallitek.com/lift-springs-lift-kits/9721-rallitek-2-lift-kit-wrx-sti-2015-2019.html
Thanks for the alternate tire size but I am also keeping with the fiesta, still owe money on it so just up and switching to a different platform isn't really a reality. So deadset on doing all that I can with this car, like also eventually gonna cover it in bed liner [emoji106][emoji106]

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks for the alternate tire size but I am also keeping with the fiesta, still owe money on it so just up and switching to a different platform isn't really a reality. So deadset on doing all that I can with this car, like also eventually gonna cover it in bed liner [emoji106][emoji106]

Well that is certainly the fastest way I can think of to become underwater on your loan..

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

There was a limited 2WD class rally crew out of the pacific northwest (Snoqualmie Valley Rally Team) at NEFR last year running a '16 FiST, which was running Hoosier gravel tires in that size, and even with their M-Sport/Bilstein R1 coil over suspension set at the highest possible perch adjustments, they were still scraping that setup (on 15x7 Sparco Terras) in the wheel wells on EVERY SINGLE compression/yump landing.

They showed me video of themselves at O'Neil's Rally School a couple of days before the event, and one could HEAR the screech of that scaping, even on a crappy iPhone speaker!! [crazyeye] [:(]

I don't know HOW anything larger than that could ever work without turning the car into a 'brodozer' monster truck, with the unibody ALL of the way off of the subrames/axles. [nono]
(It would start scraping on the front and back of the wheel wells, NOT just the top, where Kinnaird is looking for clearance.)

Yea I was planning on doing some cutting of the entire wheel well too if possible, kindve cutting out where the white goes over the car, but again this is just theory and most likely not gonna happen at all but would be cool if done

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Although I'm all for making your car yours, don't do this. You're going to destroy the value of a car that you don't own, render it unsellable, and completely fuck it up. Unless you've got access to a covered, equipped garage (cuz it's gonna sit in pieces for long time), sheet metal fab. skill or cheap access to such, a machine shop, and > $8000, this isn't ever going to get finished.

In your rendering you're cutting into chassis structure and into the passenger compartment. BIG $$$$ for something that you'll have to own for the rest of your life, cuz nobody else will touch it.

Well I don't ever plan on reselling that's for sure, but really what spurred these motley ideas was simply a lack of body kits available, and yes there's some fender flares but I'm talking more R5 style that adds more substance to the car, but yea no I plan on paying the car off and keeping it until I destroy it essentially, so any and all experimental things I can test out, within money logic, I'll do