Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Live in Pittsburgh- can’t go low

Hey all,

For those of you that don’t know Pittsburgh, it is a city of potholes, cracks, and potholes and cracks on hills. I see lowered cars here occasionally but they’re always bottoming out.

I’m not in a position to touch my suspension at the moment but I was wondering what would be the recommended suspension that keeps the same ride height but provides better performance?

keep it stock and drop wheel size to a 15 or 16 for more sidewall. you could play with shock changes and a rear sway to tune it a bit. I like my Whiteline rear bar a lot but didnt run it with stock suspension

OP
Wolfsbora
Thread Starter #4
Thanks, guys! I know nothing about suspensions and anything that comes with them so this helps out.

Dialcaliper

Before you start looking at coilovers with all the adjustment and maintainance and $$$ they require, the stock springs are pretty decent already - they are basically a “performance lowering spring” for a standard Fiesta - most lowering springs bar the Swifts don’t change the spring rates much and are more for cosmetic reasons anyway.

If your shocks are getting long in the tooth, consider Bilstein B6 shocks if you can get your hands on a set.

Second the change to 16” or 15” wheels for better ride, performance (and more summer tire choices)

OP
Wolfsbora
Thread Starter #6
Before you start looking at coilovers with all the adjustment and maintainance and $$$ they require, the stock springs are pretty decent already - they are basically a “performance lowering spring” for a standard Fiesta - most lowering springs bar the Swifts don’t change the spring rates much and are more for cosmetic reasons anyway.

If your shocks are getting long in the tooth, consider Bilstein B6 shocks if you can get your hands on a set.

Second the change to 16” or 15” wheels for better ride, performance (and more summer tire choices)
This is great advice. I’m not much of a fan of the aesthetics of smaller rims but all of the points you made have sold me on them. I’m trying to keep the car as stock looking as possible. What smaller rims would at least in some part lend to that look?