Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Livernois Motorsports Tune +18hp / +65tq

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
But, for clarity's sake, is it false because the factory clutch can live a long and happy life even at 400+ to the wheels, or because a pure stock power setup can kill the factory clutch, all else (driver factor) being EQUAL??! [???:)]
Yes... It is false because a factory clutch can live a long, happy life. My car was on the stock clutch, the 2 fastest 1/4 mile Fiestas are on the stock clutch... I'm not saying this sample is large enough to come to a definitive conclusion, but if the stock clutch can handle these Stage 3 cars pumping out 280-300wtq @ 3krpm, I'd place a bet that a BT clutch would out last the Stage 3 car. Torque/load kills clutches (and poor driving), not whp. HOWEVER, due to differences in manufacturing/tolerance/cars, ymmv.

LILIKE16ST

So what's the difference between this tune and one offered by Cobb ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a tough question to answer in short. Did you read this entire thread? I read it all several months back when it was just 30 something pages and have followed it fairly regularly since so I have read it all. There is a lot of good info in here detailing the results from this tune and how it performs and drives from a few different members. I would venture to say the livernois tune is closer to stage 2 and 3 Cobb tunes power wise than it is stage 1. It is an aggressive tune but I believe in livernois motorsports they have been tuning these Ecoboost cars since the beginning and always seem to get better results than everyone else on each of those said platforms and the FiST is no exception. I have been running the LMS 93 tune since may when my car was only a month old at 2800 miles along with a k&n drop in filter and a muffler and resonator delete. My it has been on the car now for nearly 5 months and I have just over 12k miles on the car now and so far I've not had one single issue at all out of the car. It drives beautifully and shifts smooth as butter and feels as good or better than stock did as far as drivability with a ton more power and torque starting around 2500 rpm. She pulls pretty good to 6500 redline....yes it still falls off past 5 but nothing like it did when it was stock. It made a huge difference and it's my fav mod I've done to the car so far by a long shot. My muffler and resonator delete with 4 inch tip made my car sound awesome it's very deep mean and aggressive sounding and you can hear a lot of turbo spool. I did the tune before the exhaust and I have not put the stock tune back on to see but I'm pretty sure the tune is making it sound more healthy and aggressive. It sure seemed that way when I put it on with the stock exhaust. I remember being able to hear the turbo spooling sound sooner than before. Stock I could not really hear it until after 2k rpm now I can hear it spooling under normal driving before 2k rpm. I have still not had a chance to dyno mine to see where I am at or take it to a track but I know the car is a decent amount faster than stock. I walked on a 2012 genesis 2.0 t coupe which are low 15 second cars at around 92-93 stock which is pretty close to what a stock FIST runs....from a slow roll to 100 and again from a 25 roll to 100 both times I walked away and pulled by a solid 4+ car lengths. It surprised both of us. I walked on my old svt focus my buddy owns really hard. He did have a passenger I did not he has an offroad pipe and an intake and I put like 3 grey hound buses on him similar run as the one against the genesis. Some could be the weight difference and passenger I may have the driver mod on him but that seems like a major ass whipping considering yhe FiST isnt THAT much faster than an svt stock for stock. The op subtracted .8 tenths and added over 4 mph in the quarter and I would say I'm prob not far off from that myself. This tune really wakes this car up. I'd recommend at least an upgraded front mount as well as a catless downpipe both of which I've not gotten myself yet either. Sorry for the long post I'm at work bored and I need my bed lol. Good luck....

Michael

So what's the difference between this tune and one offered by Cobb ?
We use our own proprietary tuning software and MyCalibrator device for all our tuning. Having our own proprietary tuning software and hardware means that we have more control over what we can and ultimately will do. Our software allows us to have far more access to your ECU, and because we have more access our tuning files are much larger than most. This only shows that more of us goes into our tuning files VS the competition. We routinely invest in test vehicles both pre and post public release to ensure that we are offering the most responsible aftermarket support in the entire industry. There also is not another aftermarket vendor that has the corporate ties VIA their R&D and skunkworks for the big 3 domestic automakers and their performance divisions.

So what exactly does your tune manipulate? Does boost increase or does it come on harder at different times, timing changes and how about rev hang? I hate rev hang with a passion but these cars are not too bad for it.

We completely rewrite all of the power creation and application logic. Timing, boost, lambda, limiters and much more. There are ZERO dead spots in our tune. I would recommend sifting through our reviews...everyone says our tune pulls far harder and more than any other tune. We do not have the rev hang that you are complaining about either. [twothumb]

TUX15ST

you might find this tuner poll thread below useful to review where members discuss why they chose various tuners and their platforms used...

what tune is everyone using on their fiesta st?
this poll really needs to be redone, its pretty out of date now and even i am using a different tuner then what i voted for but cant change it

fST

I chose Livernois because I can just plug it in, flash it, and go. I have the gains of a custom tune but I don't have to get a dyno tune or do datalogs for it, as required with the Cobb tuner. The Livernois route was also cheaper, especially since I bought the tuner used for $125 on Ebay. I also don't currently plan on having any other tune other than the 93 octane one I have now. I don't plan to go BT or hybrid turbo and I don't have any ethanol stations convenient enough for it to be worth it to get an E30 tune.

I'm happy with my decision.

fST

this poll really needs to be redone, its pretty out of date now and even i am using a different tuner then what i voted for but cant change it
I agree. I also wonder how many people would have actually gone the Livernois route if they actually knew about it. There are a lot of people who have not heard of this option and go with Cobb instead because everyone else does, not because of actually weighing the pros and cons of both options.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member

You can always PM us and we can change your poll vote ...And if there are other tuners missing from the poll also let us now that such that we can add them as well...thanks!

I just added this update announcement to the thread / poll below...

What tune is everyone using on their Fiesta ST?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
We use our own proprietary tuning software and MyCalibrator device for all our tuning. Having our own proprietary tuning software and hardware means that we have more control over what we can and ultimately will do. Our software allows us to have far more access to your ECU, and because we have more access our tuning files are much larger than most. This only shows that more of us goes into our tuning files VS the competition. We routinely invest in test vehicles both pre and post public release to ensure that we are offering the most responsible aftermarket support in the entire industry. There also is not another aftermarket vendor that has the corporate ties VIA their R&D and skunkworks for the big 3 domestic automakers and their performance divisions.
Does your hand held device allow the end user to change any small, minor parameters of a given tune without a full remap/flash (rev limiter/fan settings/ tire overall diameter. etc.) the way the Diablosport products do for the domestic market, or is that a limitation caused by the way the factory ECU is set up/encrypted/programmed, so that NO device would allow one to do those changes without a full tune re-flash?? [dunno]

I KNOW the general VERY negative consensus about Diablosport, I was only citing them as an example of a device which does allow minor changes by the owner within a given tune. [wink]

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Does your hand held device allow the end user to change any small, minor parameters of a given tune without a full remap/flash (rev limiter/fan settings/ tire overall diameter. etc.) the way the Diablosport products do for the domestic market, or is that a limitation caused by the way the factory ECU is set up/encrypted/programmed, so that NO device would allow one to do those changes without a full tune re-flash?? [dunno]

I KNOW the general VERY negative consensus about Diablosport, I was only citing them as an example of a device which does allow minor changes by the owner within a given tune. [wink]
No, there is no adjustments that can be made from the device. All you can do is scan for codes, or flash the tunes on the device or go back to stock.

mhammy

Well, that was an epic read. I've got a question that wasn't (or at least that I remember) asked about this tune. Can/do you modify the shift light to make it more like a shift light and less like the ECO Nanny that it is from the factory? The damn thing drives me insane. I really appreciated that on my FRPP tune on my FOST. The FIST is my wife's and it drives her nuts too. If you do, I could talk her into tuning the baby ST. This would make it more fun when I get to drive it on occasion. :)

I have a few prepurchase questions that might be valuable to others so I'll ask here before calling/emailing them in:

Reading back, it looks like this tune(r) removed Shift Assist (rev hang as it's called)? Is it also possible to disable the shift indicator in the dash (I believe I've seen that it's possible with the AcessPort setting the RPM value that triggers the indicator to an unreachably high number)?

Also, it was stated that the tuner holds 4 custom tunes, is the common use for this to have tunes for multiple grades of gas? Cobb OTS has a "economy/low power" map, is that a map I could request for one of my 4? It's less of an economy concern but I live in a part of the country with widely varied weather and it would be nice to be able to tune down if I get caught out in heavy ice and snow.

Last, call me an Apple snob but I find having to virtualize Window for stuff like this kind of repellent. What is the local software doing to retrieve the custom tune and upload it to the device? A curl of a file and sending over USB serial? If you're willing to share the details of just the tune upload process, I'd we willing to see if it's something I can at least script so Mac users can use the device natively.

Sent from my iPad, likely whilst sitting on the toilet.

The website mentions wheel size adjustment where available, is the Fiesta ST a platform where the MyCalibrator can adjust for changes in tire size?

Also, stupid question, what's the correct pronunciation of Livernois? Li-ver-noy?