Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking for best intercoolers

I sold mine to a guy on the forums.

With the V3 I wasn’t able to get the middle splash guard bracket bolted back on, which bothered me. Also - there was a subtle, but noticeable to me, bumper flex from the bumper being in contact with the IC and bolted back on.

I have a friend that runs the Whoosh Hybrid with a Depo (which is the same as a V1) with no issues, and we’re in Sacramento where the summers are hella hot. I think you’re safe with a V1.
I just installed a V3, and notched the center splash shield bracket like I've seen on some YouTube videos. As for my bumper flex, it seems the V3 fits so tight that my hood gap is gone!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I just installed a V3, and notched the center splash shield bracket like I've seen on some YouTube videos. As for my bumper flex, it seems the V3 fits so tight that my hood gap is gone!

Thats exactly what I did. I get some really don’t want ANY modifications when installing stuff but modifying a very small and easily replaceable, cheap part is no issue for me.

Thread with pics
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...ooler-did-you-choose.4556/page-24#post-406481

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran

I'll have to get a pic of my hood line. Maybe I have a bad eye for it but I have a whoosh V3 that was on the car when I bought it. No gaps, actually seems nice and tight to me.

Attachments

xxiaze

I am seeing charge temp rises between 7-18 over ambient. of 77 degrees. My friend sees about 4-12 over ambient with his Whoosh V2 FWIW. So the CPE should net me around 3-6 degrees over ambient drop from what I am currently seeing.
Is this at idle/standard driving or on hard pulls?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Is this at idle/standard driving or on hard pulls?
its not idle:LOL: I would say this is under spirited conditions driving and normal. If anything it goes down on pulls some because more air is moving through. Usually it raise up after you let off and its gets less airflow. You can see this by monitoring it on your AP anytime you come to stop the intercooler will start to heat up.

xxiaze

Here’s a log for a pull with the BravoAlpha intercooler on 93 aprox 41 degree fahrenheit afternoon. G25-550 turbo. Yellow = boost psi | blue = charge temp | red = RPM. I see aprox 3-5 degree above ambient during typical driving.

5B72DA9F-4EC2-4704-925C-24DDDADF5388.jpeg

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Here’s a log for a pull with the BravoAlpha intercooler on 93 aprox 41 degree fahrenheit afternoon. G25-550 turbo. Yellow = boost psi | blue = charge temp | red = RPM. I see aprox 3-5 degree above ambient during typical driving.

View attachment 39611
Two things to remember here. 1. your ambient is low. I ran a few degrees above ambient as well when its 55-60 degrees. My temps I reported were at 77 degrees ambient.
With the Mountune which you really can’t compare to Alpha Bravo.
Second thing is my friends time where with the Whoosh V2. I am only offering what he said.

Now the Alpha Bravo is a huge intercooler and it does block radiator cooling to certain extent. I actually live in a high dry heat area so my radiator getting flow is important. Of course ya if one wants to run it with a TB Performance Crash Bar ex DHM. Then sure though some of us do not want to run that intercooler though.

Great to see it working well for you though. What kind of power and spool are you seeing out that Turbo by the way?

...edit wait a minute you said 41 degrees thats fricken cold . Ya I would run 3-5 above ambient as well lol. I do not even do pulls at that temp as my tires get hot enough to stick lol.
Oh and your charge temps are 55-59 and your ambient is 41 thats more than a 3-5 degree difference.

Last edited:

xxiaze

Two things to remember here. 1. your ambient is low. I ran a few degrees above ambient as well when its 55-60 degrees. My temps I reported were at 77 degrees ambient.
With the Mountune which you really can’t compare to Alpha Bravo.
Second thing is my friends time where with the Whoosh V2. I am only offering what he said.

Now the Alpha Bravo is a huge intercooler and it does block radiator cooling to certain extent. I actually live in a high dry heat area so my radiator getting flow is important. Of course ya if one wants to run it with a TB Performance Crash Bar ex DHM. Then sure though some of us do not want to run that intercooler though.

Great to see it working well for you though. What kind of power and spool are you seeing out that Turbo by the way?

...edit wait a minute you said 41 degrees thats fricken cold . Ya I would run 3-5 above ambient as well lol. I do not even do pulls at that temp as my tires get hot enough to stick lol.
Oh and your charge temps are 55-59 and your ambient is 41 thats more than a 3-5 degree difference.
Oh indeed, I wasn’t questioning you or anything as to yours or your friends experiences. I was just also offering some additional intercooler raw data to the thread. I was just curious what exactly you guys were seeing those temps at cruising or pulls ya know? Yeah that log I just showed was a cool afternoon, I’ll be sure to get some more data as summer comes along. 3-5 degrees above ambient is my typical cruising charge variation. When I do a pull like I just showed I see 15-20 degrees above ambient or so depending on conditions. I’ll need summer to come along to get some more info with the g25-550.

as for this turbo and it’s characteristics, so far all I can speak to is 93 tuning without auxiliary fuel because that’s all I’m tuned through so far... it spools at about 3600 and full tilt about 4K pulls real nice up to the top. I’ve surprisingly increased in fuel economy because of the turbo band it’s much easier to stay out of boost unless you want it. Just started e85 and auxiliary tuning.. ask me about that when I get to fill up the tank on some corn. Haven’t yet. It’s awesome so far though.

57E084E8-1177-48B7-B097-0328CB8DDA7D.jpeg

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Oh indeed, I wasn’t questioning you or anything as to yours or your friends experiences. I was just also offering some additional intercooler raw data to the thread. I was just curious what exactly you guys were seeing those temps at cruising or pulls ya know? Yeah that log I just showed was a cool afternoon, I’ll be sure to get some more data as summer comes along. 3-5 degrees above ambient is my typical cruising charge variation. When I do a pull like I just showed I see 15-20 degrees above ambient or so depending on conditions. I’ll need summer to come along to get some more info with the g25-550.

as for this turbo and it’s characteristics, so far all I can speak to is 93 tuning without auxiliary fuel because that’s all I’m tuned through so far... it spools at about 3600 and full tilt about 4K pulls real nice up to the top. I’ve surprisingly increased in fuel economy because of the turbo band it’s much easier to stay out of boost unless you want it. Just started e85 and auxiliary tuning.. ask me about that when I get to fill up the tank on some corn. Haven’t yet. It’s awesome so far though.

View attachment 39615
Curves look real nice. TQ band looks good. At what boost where you seeing the 254 peak? I peaked 284hp on 91 with my S280 at 26.8 pounds and that was as far as it could go boost wise on 91.

xxiaze

Curves look real nice. TQ band looks good. At what boost where you seeing the 254 peak? I peaked 284hp on 91 with my S280 at 26.8 pounds and that was as far as it could go boost wise on 91.
264hp was at 24lb on 93, I don’t know if there was any left to give or not but tune+ said we were stopping there for 93 because ran out of stock fuel delivery and hitting knock threshold simultaneously.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
264hp was at 24lb on 93, I don’t know if there was any left to give or not but tune+ said we were stopping there for 93 because ran out of stock fuel delivery and hitting knock threshold simultaneously.
Oh wow interesting. Ya Adam tunes me too. He stopped at this and said that was the limit of mine with 91. I know I could get a bit more out of 93 and if I went aux the door wold open up for number over easily into the mid 300’s.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #52
Thank you guys for all the feedback on this thread. I'll be taking everything into consideration before my purchase.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk