Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lost all interest in my ST

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Not a help for your current situation, but I always use a third party extended warranty. Dealerships haven't ever seemed to mind doing work knowing they're getting paid by an outside party not tied to Ford in any way.

OP
GreenEnvyFiST908
Thread Starter #63
so I’ve sceduled an appointment this upcoming Thursday the 15th to look at the clutch issues. I’ll run a battery test tomorrow and pray it’s just a bad battery
Been 4 months since I replaced the battery. All electrical gremlins went away… until this morning when my volume controls stopped working. Then after work my phone won’t show it’s connected but will still play music. Looks like my electrical issues are still here, last time my volume controls stopped working the battery was dead within the next few days

BTW if you still have shifting issues, I recently did some transmission work and afterwards had some resistance and pretty scary noises when shifting gears. Decided to try out linkage cable reset and everything smoothed up nicely. Try it out if you haven't yet, you just basically need to take off the intake pipe and the plastic cover on top of ECU. You should be able to nudge out the cable clip from the other side with just fingers without any prying tools

http://www.nicksmustangranch.com/Se...esta/Resources/Service_Manual/serg1607743.htm

OP
GreenEnvyFiST908
Thread Starter #67
BTW if you still have shifting issues, I recently did some transmission work and afterwards had some resistance and pretty scary noises when shifting gears. Decided to try out linkage cable reset and everything smoothed up nicely. Try it out if you haven't yet, you just basically need to take off the intake pipe and the plastic cover on top of ECU. You should be able to nudge out the cable clip from the other side with just fingers without any prying tools

http://www.nicksmustangranch.com/Se...esta/Resources/Service_Manual/serg1607743.htm
In all honesty it’s seemed to magically go away. My method of “just stop thinking about it and drive the car” has worked very well

OP
GreenEnvyFiST908
Thread Starter #68
I’m going to do a proper test at work tomorrow. And I’ll post the results here
So parasitic drain is within the normal range, I managed to fix my issues by pulling the fuse for the sync module and popping it back in. Will see how well this works long term

Exactly the reason why I tell the salesman to FK off when they come to me trying to sell me their bombs and their demos. I bought mine brand new to avoid this very problem..

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
So parasitic drain is within the normal range, I managed to fix my issues by pulling the fuse for the sync module and popping it back in. Will see how well this works long term
Any indication that the prior owner hooked up ForScan to this and played with its settings?

Just an idea, but it is possible to wire-up a flip-switch to a fuse tap a.k.a. "add-a-circuit" type product. I guess a downside is the damned thing would keep loosing its settings. (that would be super annoying) Are there any updates available for this module? Will it take them? What external stimuli (besides the power button) will keep this thing awake? Why is it staying awake with no key in the vehicle? Does it respond to the power button with the key well outside of the vehicle? Seems like it would have to communicate with the BCM in order to determine whether the key is in the vehicle? Is there some possibility that the BCM is involved?

https://www.google.com/search?q=site:fiestastforum.com+bcm+battery

Dealt with a Saturn that we'd, on an intermittent basis, come back to a dead battery. Linking a volt-meter in amp measure mode between battery and positive clamp would show 0.06A with key out of ignition... normal. It took a few minute(s) to get there but that was normal. One day I was in it working on some different issue and I heard a *very* faint sound coming from the rear of the vehicle. WTH would be powered in the back with the key off? By the time you'd get back there and try to hone-in on it, it would of course stop. I later determined that the noise would come and go with at least some consistency. I started pulling fuses until the noise stopped. Oddly enough, I think it was the trunk release. So no power door locks anymore. It wasn't worth fixing given the fact it wasn't really being driven. Just wanted it to stop killing batteries.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
The last time I lost control of the radio I took it to the auto store and they said the battery was healthy and they wouldn't replace it.

I look at the battery terminals and there was a bit of that fuzzy corrosion despite using that anti-corrosion grease. My experience with that stuff to date is not good.

I'm an electrician and we use something called "de-ox" or "noalox" when we terminate aluminum cable. It's a corrosion inhibitor and a good conductor. I cleaned off the battery terminal and the cable connector and applied a thin coat (you really don't need much), and on the grounding screw that bolts to the frame. Have had no issues since.

https://www.amazon.com/Ideal-Indust...cphy=9026831&hvtargid=pla-1211115557263&psc=1

OP
GreenEnvyFiST908
Thread Starter #72
The last time I lost control of the radio I took it to the auto store and they said the battery was healthy and they wouldn't replace it.

I look at the battery terminals and there was a bit of that fuzzy corrosion despite using that anti-corrosion grease. My experience with that stuff to date is not good.

I'm an electrician and we use something called "de-ox" or "noalox" when we terminate aluminum cable. It's a corrosion inhibitor and a good conductor. I cleaned off the battery terminal and the cable connector and applied a thin coat (you really don't need much), and on the grounding screw that bolts to the frame. Have had no issues since.

https://www.amazon.com/Ideal-Indust...cphy=9026831&hvtargid=pla-1211115557263&psc=1
All I did was pull the fuse for the sync module and put a new one in and haven’t had any issues since

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
This won't help you feel any better.....the tranny's in our cars are crap. Very similar to the auto trans that fiesta and focus use (to completely grenade). Input shaft bearings shit the bed prior to 60K, replaced under warranty - after other dealers denied my "clutch not under warranty" claim (YOU Garnet Ford). Anyway - it's now time for 5th gear to start it's exit (can't downshift from 6 to 5 - pops out), and for me to consider $3-4K for a Panda Motors tranny. 78,000 fun-filled miles, but its a shitbox! 'Course a shitbox that can embarrass many more expensive cars........(y)
Might try this place Fiesta ST Transmission | Clarke Transmissions never used them but $3600 for a new trans with an LSD sounds like a good price.