Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LSD with Normal, Sport and Track mode (ESC off)?

Hi everyone that has an LSD or used one. What mode do you all recommend on daily driving, spirited canyon runs and auto cross events? I have a Wavetrac tranny from coming from Clarke transmissions so I wanted to get your thoughts on how to best utilize an LSD with our cars.

Folks will be able to tell you their opinions but, in the end, they are opinions. You will have to see what you like.

I would theorize you don’t need to do anything when daily driving. Spirited “canyon runs” will mean holding the TC button for a few seconds and turning it off … as off as it goes.

The problem with the FiST TC is that torque vectoring stays on. On the track, it might be an issue for you. If so, you’ll need to pull the ABS fuse to disable it.

Have fun.

OP
Adub
Thread Starter #3
So the ESC interferes with the LSD? Thought it be more of the TV doing that.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So the ESC interferes with the LSD? Thought it be more of the TV doing that.
In a word yes . Though if you are not pushing it you might not notice. On the other hand if your someone like me who manages to take corners hard enough to trigger the light then ya you want it off. I do have a Wavetrac as well.

OP
Adub
Thread Starter #5
So would you say it’s a good mechanical replacement for the ESC?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So would you say it’s a good mechanical replacement for the ESC?
its a big upgrade. it tends to eliminate understeer and pulls the car into corners. It is quite noticeably different in that regard. Any Torsen type diff will exhibit this. The difference being the Wavetrac has a patented mechanical process that keeps your wheel from unlocking should it lose traction or contact with the road surface on one side whereas in say a Quaife or Mfactory they will unload and act like an open diff in those situations.

OP
Adub
Thread Starter #7
Exactly why I chose the wavetrac. Glad it’s all those things :) How has it performed in sport mode?

kevinatfms

The programming logic was the car could brake the inside corner to help rotate the car instead of the cost prohibitive limited slip differential.

Adding the LSD just reduces the effect or threshold of torque vectoring on the vehicle through turns at a certain point. It seems to be worse as the tires get stickier(sub 200tw get really hairy) from what ive dealt with and learned from others.