Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

M2-Motoring fender flare interest/possible group buy!

OP
M
Thread Starter #46
Off topic, but any word on the splitter/front lower bumper part?
still working on that, looks like i'll have to finish up the flares first, then begin working on the front lip as manufacture i'm working with works a tad slow lol. although i do have progress photos of the update on the front flares. the front flares are now a 2 piece setup so that the bumper can come off easily.

currently, the mold process begins this week and production units will be arriving (from what I'm told) end of feb/beg of march and ready for sale. once I lock in the final costs of everything. I will begin promoting the sale of the product. thank you everyone for your interest. can't wait to see this done! lol

koozy

3000 Post Club
the rear flares should be a 2 piece set up as well, looks weird as a one piece and sucks that you can't remove the rear bumper without affecting the rear flares.

OP
M
Thread Starter #48
the rear flares should be a 2 piece set up as well, looks weird as a one piece and sucks that you can't remove the rear bumper without affecting the rear flares.
totally understood, but the more pieces the flares become, the more the mold and production units will cost raising the price. i don't forsee the rear bumper coming off that often. The front to acccess and do mechanic work yes. Worst case scenario, is just cut the rears where the bumper to quarter panel split is.

koozy

3000 Post Club
totally understood, but the more pieces the flares become, the more the mold and production units will cost raising the price. i don't forsee the rear bumper coming off that often. The front to acccess and do mechanic work yes. Worst case scenario, is just cut the rears where the bumper to quarter panel split is.
how much of increase in price? a number of people may actually want that option and opt not to get the kit because it's not available. Some may actually pay to have it available. I say do it right the first time.

how much of increase in price? a number of people may actually want that option and opt not to get the kit because it's not available. Some may actually pay to have it available. I say do it right the first time.

Stop being lazy and those people can take the extra 4 minutes to pull the flares off IF they ever need to remove the rear bumper for whatever reason. I honestly prefer the one piece look and lots of suv's, porsche, bmw, toyota, lexus all have one piece flares from the factory. And, I kid you not, it is relatively easy to spend the extra couple minutes to remove the flares when removing the bumpers. Five years in the body game and I haven't even noticed it as being detrimental at any time.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Stop being lazy and those people can take the extra 4 minutes to pull the flares off IF they ever need to remove the rear bumper for whatever reason. I honestly prefer the one piece look and lots of suv's, porsche, bmw, toyota, lexus all have one piece flares from the factory. And, I kid you not, it is relatively easy to spend the extra couple minutes to remove the flares when removing the bumpers. Five years in the body game and I haven't even noticed it as being detrimental at any time.
not lazy, I don't do body work so it would be farmed out. so laziness is not a factor, also I'm not in the market for a kit at the moment. just stating that to me it looks weird and for that fact alone I would be out.

koozy

3000 Post Club
here's a car I snapped pictures of this past weekend. It's clearly in another class, but looks good when done right. note the flares.

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

bonus snaps of other cool cars there.
IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

OP
M
Thread Starter #53
the other issue with the rear flare and not separating the piece for the rear bumper would be the rear flares also have a door cap piece. making it 3 pieces if we do cut. i forgot to mention that earlier. i remember going over it with the person making the molds, and he mentioned that generally is a hit or miss when it's that many pieces for the rear. to make it a separate piece honestly, is not that hard after the fact by just using a dremel to cut and seperate if that is how you want it.

either way it's in the mold process now and should be available around the end of Q1 =)

Per the post immediately above yours: "either way it's in the mold process now and should be available around the end of Q1". The end of January isn't close to the end of Q1, so be patient.

LT Berzerker

Not to be too much of a dick lol, depends if your talking fiscal or calendar [emoji14]

OP
M
Thread Starter #57
LOL you guys crack me up. the mold process has began as the final prototypes have been finished. once the mold process is finished (roughly 2 weeks), one production unit will be made for final test fit then off to mass production we go =) so it's looking like end of Q1 which is sometime march. Thanks for all the interest! =)

LOL you guys crack me up. the mold process has began as the final prototypes have been finished. once the mold process is finished (roughly 2 weeks), one production unit will be made for final test fit then off to mass production we go =) so it's looking like end of Q1 which is sometime march. Thanks for all the interest! =)
What type of fasteners do you plan these to use?

OP
M
Thread Starter #59
What type of fasteners do you plan these to use?
i'm still sort of on the debate on that actually. LOL

on my business partners MK5 gti, we used a threaded rivnut type thing piece that you would pop in, then use a nice fastner to mount the flares but the labor to do it right would downright kill most people lol. I'm open to suggestions. most of my cars that used screw on style flares i've always just used nice hardware from a specialty nut and bolt shop.

trying to think of a happy median here thats not too time consuming .

Just have a small flange on it for 3M body tape. If someone wants to go a bit more involved, let them worry about that.

For the record, I'm interested in them still.