Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MAPerformance Fiesta ST Catback R&D | Pictures | Video | Information

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #81
And some more:

Well stated guys!

[HR][/HR]

To add to this COBB (for example) strongly suggests having either a highflow catted downpipe or non-catted DP installed when using their stg3 OTS Map...There is no mention that installing their DP alone will produce gains...I suspect the rationale for doing so has moreso to do with the reasons already stated above...

I've reviewed the differences between COBB's stg1 and stg 3 OTS maps (through Cobb ATR) and the 2 primary changes made between the two maps are that timing is advanced by ~4.0 degrees (>5000rpm / > 1.6% load) and maximum boost is increased by another 2.0 psi...This will greatly increase EGTs where I can see where installing a highflow DP would be a wise choice as not to damage the stock CAT... Also boost response and spooling efficiency should great be improved and as mentioned by others earlier by not placing as much strain on the FiSTs stock turbo at these higher boost levels....

That said...It should be of no surprise that installing a non-catted DP on a stg1 tune would show any significant increase to hp....

[HR][/HR]

And thanks for posting this Adam!
No problem, if there is any other information you need please let me know I will post it.

Another thing I wanted to mention is CCT, which is Catalyst Temper. This is an inferred reading from multiple parameters that are being monitored by the ECU. You can also monitor it yourself with the Cobb Accessport if you would like. There are tables in the software (See below) that have thresholds set. If these thresholds are exceeded they have a protocol to introduce more fuel for cylinder temperature control. I monitor this via a gauge when tuning to see how close I am getting to the threshold, this also gives me reason to believe that the factory downpipe and catalyst flow very well. During my tuning the temperature never increased beyond the factory range, and was still 20-25% away from being anywhere near the thresholds set. This tells me that with the increase in boost, fuel, and timing that the cat is not increasing in temperature and is not holding exhaust gases due to a restriction.

First Table: CCT Limit Safety Factor - This is the threshold that is put in place to make fuel control protocols active. It

Second Table: CCT To Begin Fuel Control (Primary) - This is the temperature ceiling set to activate the primary injection of fuel to decrease CCT.

Third Table: CCT To Begin Fuel Control (Secondary) - Same as Primary above, but the "backup" just in case the primary protocol can't cool the catalyst temperatures.

Fourth Table: CCT To Exit Fuel Control - The temperature that the catalyst needs to return to to cancel both Primary or Secondary injections.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
And some more:

No problem, if there is any other information you need please let me know I will post it.

Another thing I wanted to mention is CCT, which is Catalyst Temper. This is an inferred reading from multiple parameters that are being monitored by the ECU. You can also monitor it yourself with the Cobb Accessport if you would like. There are tables in the software (See below) that have thresholds set. If these thresholds are exceeded they have a protocol to introduce more fuel for cylinder temperature control. I monitor this via a gauge when tuning to see how close I am getting to the threshold, this also gives me reason to believe that the factory downpipe and catalyst flow very well. During my tuning the temperature never increased beyond the factory range, and was still 20-25% away from being anywhere near the thresholds set. This tells me that with the increase in boost, fuel, and timing that the cat is not increasing in temperature and is not holding exhaust gases due to a restriction.

First Table: CCT Limit Safety Factor - This is the threshold that is put in place to make fuel control protocols active. It

Second Table: CCT To Begin Fuel Control (Primary) - This is the temperature ceiling set to activate the primary injection of fuel to decrease CCT.

Third Table: CCT To Begin Fuel Control (Secondary) - Same as Primary above, but the "backup" just in case the primary protocol can't cool the catalyst temperatures.

Fourth Table: CCT To Exit Fuel Control - The temperature that the catalyst needs to return to to cancel both Primary or Secondary injections.
thanks for posting!

Interesting that Cobb raises CCT limit by 100F (1840F) for OTS maps stgs 1,2, and 3 compared to stock (1740F)

It also will be interesting to see if these temps continue to hold up as you move from stg1 to stg3 where I'm assuming your probably going to be increasing boost and timing a bit further with the addition of a more efficient FMIC than the stock IC you currently have installed?

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #90
Waiting on cost analysis and will go from there. Just so everyone is aware we decided to move forward with production on our downpipes, they will be of the highest quality on the market in my opinion, and that is just *my* opinion. We made this decision based on giving the customer the option to run a downpipe or not, especially with the available stock location turbos available on the market which will greatly benefit from an aftermarket downpipe unlike the stock turbo.

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #92
So much for the awesome price, eh? Blah.
Gotta give me some time, we are working on more than just some Fiesta parts here ;) haha. Trying to get some 2015 WRX development underway as well.

Waiting on my R&D guy to take a break from setting up our new CNC lathe to put together some time numbers for me so I can see what I have into these downpipes to determine a resale price!

Sooon... sooon.

Well...I'm still interested in the prototype 'used' piece lol...for the right price. I'll wear MAP stickers on the car forevah...

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #94
$250.00 for the catless and $300.00 for the catted for the USED units. If you need pictures please drop me an email Adam@maperformance.com

Retail price on the units will be $329.99 for catless and $400.00 for catted.

Are you all going to be offering intro pricing for the CBE? I saw the price listing on your blog but didn't know if you would be doing a presale or not.

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #98
Are you all going to be offering intro pricing for the CBE? I saw the price listing on your blog but didn't know if you would be doing a presale or not.
We will be doing a pre-sale once production starts. We are waiting on the components now and should start next week! Once I see them on the jig being made I will do a pre-sale of 5 units for 10% off to get some feedback out there!

We need to chat over the non-cat prototype. I.E. I want it.
Thank you for the email, downpipe prepped for shipping!

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #100
Thanks again, Adam. It's been a pleasure. I look forward to future business. [loveboost]

EDIT: I just wanted to add, how refreshing it is to feel served by a business. Fantastic. Another thanks.
You're very welcome, I appreciate the compliments!