Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MAPerformance Intake R&D, Results, and Information

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #101
Nice, do you know yet if it is some sort of adapter, or an entirely new stainless pipe? Will you be notifying/contacting those of us owners with your old design first to send out the replacement part? Very anxious (after 4 months) to install this intake! Congrats on being one of the first 2016 intakes on the market.
We had to mainly work with the new programming of what it expected to see for airflow and pressure on the intake so there was a need for a check valve, regional restriction, and I think the rest is untouched, but it's been out of my sight on the road and in the design office to constant testing. Should be good to produce now and I think we will be able to send retrofit kits depending on how we decide to manufacturer the 2016 version. If it winds up being a premade assembly, then we'll just go that route to keep things simple for the end user and eliminate installation complications.

Regards Adam

jayrod1980

Adapter piece or new stainless portion, makes no difference to me. I'm just anxious to get the fix. Since it's not yet in production, do you know an ETA of when it will be released?

jayrod1980

Their other thread says they have the fix, have tested it, secured suppliers or whatever, but are not ready to release it yet. I'm probably the most anxious about this since I bought a load of MAP pipes including this intake before I even purchased my 2016! I just finished modifying their awesome charge pipes to fit the DHM race intercooler so this intake is the last piece I'm waiting on.

jayrod1980

MAPerformance, please post a small tutorial on how to construct this vacuum line kit for the 2016s. Additionally, there needs to be instruction on how to attach the line to the t joint at the intake manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #107
Oh goodness! Super sorry for the lack of instructions! I have a test car coming back ASAP and will have a detailed write up, video, and walk through produced! The real issue is these were supposed to be shipped assembled. Thank you dearly for hanging with me and us here at MAP and being so gracious, honest mistake on the back end of the production, and I look to resolve this all ASAP!

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #108
As we are awaiting a local 2016 to arrive for video production, here is my most accurate image I quickly put together to help aid in the assembly, and installation locations of the revision.

FIST16+ Labels.jpg

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
2016 Ford Fiesta ST Intake Upgrade - Installation Guide (Video)

FYI...

Published on Apr 28, 2016

"The MAPerformance Fiesta ST cold air intake kit is a 100% direct fit system, and will take no more than 10 minutes to install. Not only does it perform, it looks great too. We moved the MAF sensor to the underside of the pipe to give it a much cleaner look and gave you the option to have a RAW finish so you can really see the beauty of the fully tig welded system. ..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lvDB9z9Ysk&feature=youtu.be

[video=youtube;2lvDB9z9Ysk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lvDB9z9Ysk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

jayrod1980

I still have no idea why they need the nozzle to the intake. Maybe they are worried about turbulent air at boost flowing over the MAF sensor inside the intake.

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #113
I still have no idea why they need the nozzle to the intake. Maybe they are worried about turbulent air at boost flowing over the MAF sensor inside the intake.

It actually has to do with the ECU requiring a certainly balance in airflow from the pre turbo to post turbo. The logic behind it is very complex and why we were striving for a mechanical fix to match what factory programming called for rather as not everybody has an AP3.

-Adam

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
It actually has to do with the ECU requiring a certainly balance in airflow from the pre turbo to post turbo. The logic behind it is very complex and why we were striving for a mechanical fix to match what factory programming called for rather as not everybody has an AP3.

-Adam
So... Could you explain more? In layman's terms? What about people who do get an AP3?