Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

dyn085

2000 Post Club
The rear fenders are already rolled from the factory.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Are these going to be your full time, summer street setup?

I guess if you were hitting them on compressions/bumps with the 225/50 888s, the 235/50s I wanted to use are OUT OF THE QUESTION?!?

If the Pro 1.2s were made in 15x8 with more offset, would your setup work without scraping, and the requisite pulling/rolling, or would they then hit everything on the inside?

IF I don't want to do the fender work, and eventually plan on a coil over setup (which almost all of them HAVE TO sit at least 0.2" lower than stock ride height, even at their highest spring position), am I better off going to a 16x7 Pro race 1.2, and a 215/45 tire, and giving up some ultimate stick on the street? (MANY more > 100 tread wear tires in that size as well.)

OR, just go with the 15x8s and live with the fender gap of the 225/45s (and rougher ride, and higher effective numerical final drive ratio, with less impact protection for the wheels)? [dunno]
Yes, this is my full-time summer setup.

I think that 235's are out of the question.

If they were made with a 48 offset, and you used a front spacer, you could use these tires lowered.

I think a 16 inch wheel is probably optimal for most people.

GAbOS

I have not taken one of my project cars out in the rain on purpose for many years now due to the high cost of repairs if damaged, more time than money, and I just do not like working on dirty cars and mine are never done so I want them to be relatively clean as possible at all times. That said, I have no personal experience but I seem to recall others have used them for rain race tires and it might of been per rules for the class.

If I ever run I the rain it would likely be on the Rival S is light rain, heavy rain and or cold then the NeoGen on the 6UL wheels.

I have at least 100,000k miles if not several times more experience going all out in the rain, snow, mud, gravel, dirt......loved it, lucky to still be alive.....my vision and reaction time are not quite what they used to be and perhaps my cajones are smaller now as well, I am just not into it like I used to be:)
There's no rain in Carson City! :D

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The 235/50/15 R888 has a 9.7" section and 9.2" tread width so way to wide for 8" wheels in my experience I have found a bit of stretch to be much better overall than a really wide tire on a wheel narrower than it is. It is also 24.2" tall meaning more issues with rubbing, the 23.7" tall 225/50/15 is a much better fit and will have better feedback and control but at 8.7" in tread width I would still prefer it on an 8.5 or better yet 9" wide wheel.

-----------

When rolling the rear fenders there is a bead of sealant that can be removed to provide more clearance.

-----------

Not much rain here in Carson City, in the summer at least, a bit more in the fall, winter means parking the car or heading south or to the coast.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^ So you feel that a 215/45-16 on a 16x7 is nowhere near enough stretch??

What about on a 16x7.5?

Remember, right now I am asking about STREET USE ONLY (and for the most part pretty ****ty ones at that!), NOT ultimate track response/turn-in/use. ;)

What kinda of psi are you all running on your 15x8s? I'm at 39front and 36rear, which I know is too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! Another 6ul brother, did you have a shop redrill your hubs or do it yourself? Either way it was worth it.

Hey! Another 6ul brother, did you have a shop redrill your hubs or do it yourself? Either way it was worth it.
Gunrunner did the hubs well worth it. I got a lot of advice from raamaudio and could not be happier.

Gunrunner did the hubs well worth it. I got a lot of advice from raamaudio and could not be happier.

Sent from my iPhone
That's great! If I had to redo it, I'd also get them from Gunrunner. Saves you a ton of hassle. So far we have 3x 6ul wheeled cars (that I know of) versus about 100x TD wheeled cars. I enjoy our exclusive club for now. We need more variety. Enjoy you're rare setup ;)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^In my area one hardly sees a FiST at all, anywhere, EVER, and the ones you do see are ALL pure stock as far as wheels and tires go (and probably the same for 'unseen' mods as well), so even with 1.2s on the car, I would be the ONLY one for MANY miles around with those wheels. [wink]
I've seen more Viper ACRs, 488 Stradales, and 911 GT3 RSes around here than FiSTs. LOL

Now on THIS site, YES, the 1.2s are almost a dime a dozen. [:(]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, those wheels, in THAT color (AND the darker colors as well) look great!

I just can't stand the way they look in silver with that polished lip. [vommit]

Yes, those wheels, in THAT color (AND the darker colors as well) look great!

I just can't stand the way they look in silver with that polished lip. [vommit]
I had hoped they were a little darker since they were listed as bronze, but are way more gold. Overall I am really happy with them.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^YES, it DOES, but sadly, he posted in his other thread that the R888s in that width (225/50) rub almost everywhere, no matter what he does, so he is stepping down to 205/50s.

It's a shame since I wanted to run that same exact setup on black 1.2s on mine. [:(]