Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Izzy

Does anyone know if the 205/50/16 Federal 595 evo's fit with Mountune springs?

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Does anyone know if the 205/50/16 Federal 595 evo's fit with Mountune springs?
Mine rub in the front, had to buy coils to fix the issue. Mountunes wouldn't be any different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
This thread has inspired me. I'm looking to do the same now. Think I'll go with a 15 wheel, but after looking at the calcs, the best sized tire at exactly the same circumference as stock is the 215 50r15. This tire is hard to find though. Is anyone using this size in the us?

If not the next closest size I could find was 195 55r15. Didn't really want a narrower tire but this is so close it's practically the same circumference and at least I can find options available though not as many performance tires as oem size.

Any tips?

Sent using Tapatalk

This thread has inspired me. I'm looking to do the same now. Think I'll go with a 15 wheel, but after looking at the calcs, the best sized tire at exactly the same circumference as stock is the 215 50r15. This tire is hard to find though. Is anyone using this size in the us?

If not the next closest size I could find was 195 55r15. Didn't really want a narrower tire but this is so close it's practically the same circumference and at least I can find options available though not as many performance tires as oem size.

Any tips?

Sent using Tapatalk
I run 15x8 wheels and 195/55R15 sport comp 2's they are almost 8 inch wide tires so they are actually wider than the stock ones. I love them. super sticky for my cyborg E30 tuned car. keeps traction and rides really well.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I run 15x8 wheels and 195/55R15 sport comp 2's they are almost 8 inch wide tires so they are actually wider than the stock ones. I love them. super sticky for my cyborg E30 tuned car. keeps traction and rides really well.
That's actually one of the tires that I was considering getting. I was looking at a 15x7 but maybe I'll go your route and get a 15x8 wheel instead. Thanks!

Sent using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Forgot to ask if your wheels rub and is your car lower or at stock height?

Sent using Tapatalk

Forgot to ask if your wheels rub and is your car lower or at stock height?

Sent using Tapatalk
No problem at all! My car is stock height as of now, and there is no rubbing and I have run it about as hard as you can around corners and all. I was going to coilovers, BUTTT I might not be keeping the car next year, might be trading up to an STI. so I did not want to spend the extra money

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Ok. I was planning to keep the same circumference and drop it with lowering springs (most likely use Eibachs because I have them already). I know the stock wheels don't rub, but I'm not so sure if it's 8 inches wide.

Sent using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
What 15x8s do you use? I haven't been able to find any for the rims I've been looking for on tire rack.

Sent using Tapatalk

Anybody with TD Pro Race 1.2 15x8 and lowering springs have experience rubbing? I am running BFG comp-2 in 195/55/15. Would really like to get rid of the pogo-stick-freeway-bounce.

Thanks in advance!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I just put my all season tires back on, really three season, 15x8 6UL 11.4lb wheels, 205/50/15 NeoGen, only have around 20 miles on them and they are very impressive for an AS rated tire and look great on the 8" wide wheel, slight stretch, plenty of tread width.

The wheels and tires are around 3lbs lighter than my 15x9 Helix with 225/45/15 Rival S summer tires and I can feel the difference, not huge of course but there and it rides better but that can also be due at least partially to how stiff the sidewalls are, air pressure, etc but lower weight with the right suspension will ride better when setup for it.

I am on BC coilovers with 8/7K Swift springs which I thought would ride a it to rough but still far better than stock:)

Anybody running 215/45 on 16x7? I'd love to see some photos and hear the thoughts of anyone running this set up. I know this isn't necessarily what most would consider a "meaty" tire, but I thought this was the most appropriate place to ask.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Anybody with TD Pro Race 1.2 15x8 and lowering springs have experience rubbing? I am running BFG comp-2 in 195/55/15. Would really like to get rid of the pogo-stick-freeway-bounce.

Thanks in advance!
I was planning to get the Pro Race too or the OZ 15x7 with same tires. I had decided to use that size tires because it was closest to stock size available while still being fairly meaty. I know stock tires don't rub with eibach springs but I'm not sure about the difference that the 8 inch wheels will make. I'll probably test this setup once I get my wheels...but it might be a little while. Current tires are still going strong.

Sent using Tapatalk

I was planning to get the Pro Race too or the OZ 15x7 with same tires. I had decided to use that size tires because it was closest to stock size available while still being fairly meaty. I know stock tires don't rub with eibach springs but I'm not sure about the difference that the 8 inch wheels will make. I'll probably test this setup once I get my wheels...but it might be a little while. Current tires are still going strong.

Sent using Tapatalk
Thanks [MENTION=4988]neeqness[/MENTION]!

I hope there is someone else out there with a 15x8 and lowering springs set-up.