Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Winter is here, but I'm planning on running the same tire setup in the summer too. 205/50R16

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
The Terras look GREAT in black! [thumb]

I'm used to seeing them in gray and bronze only.(there was even a worker's Orange Spice FiST at ESPR with bronze Terras on it).

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ha, thanks. I like the sticker idea! The rims have a neat pedigree of being spares for a Citroen rally team in the early 2000s otherwise I would!
In that case, NO, I would NOT change them either, since they may have been spares for multiple times World Rally Champion Seb Loeb's ride! [wink] [driving] [thumb]

SANZOKU

You and I have very different definitions of meaty.

My definition of meaty is "widest" not necessarily tallest, I can't stand skinny tires on wide wheels. It's like "Why did you bother with a wider wheel at all???" Or worse, "Why in god's name have you decreased you contact patch??"

If I could, I would have 335-series tires on all four corners. Because I'm a goober like that. But I'll settle for 215 for now.

That said I am wider and taller at 215-45-17; much more comfortable than stock and now with ST Suspensions XTA coilovers (set a little higher) it glides. So smooth on pavement. It acts up when you hit BIGGER obstacles but most smaller divots and whatnot in the road are a non-issue.
215 is not a huge difference from 205. That's only one size up... Also... The OP's wheels and tires are good for rally. In rally we use high sidewalls and thinner tires than road racing. So his is meaty in the correct way for rally. So to answer your question as to "why in God's name have you decreased your contact patch?". Well because it provides higher pressure to the ground and a better linear traction. Wider tires have better grip, but for road racing. Zingooooo

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
215 is not a huge difference from 205. That's only one size up... Also... The OP's wheels and tires are good for rally. In rally we use high sidewalls and thinner tires than road racing. So his is meaty in the correct way for rally. So to answer your question as to "why in God's name have you decreased your contact patch?". Well because it provides higher pressure to the ground and a better linear traction. Wider tires have better grip, but for road racing. Zingooooo
You quoted a post that was made 6 years ago! :ROFLMAO:

The guy hasn't even been seen in 4 years....

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Correct, for GRAVEL, or even more so radically, SNOW/ICE rallying.

Tarmac rallyists, at least those on a WRC/Euro/top tier National championship level use much lower profile, and taller setups, including 18" diameter wheels, with square shouldered, semi-slick tires on them, in order to clear the MUCH bigger rotors/calipers used on tarmac events vs. gravel events. [wink]

Got the new wheels and tires, should be getting set up next week, sparcos, 15x7, but I removed the lettering. Was gonna get them powder coated bronze but they wanted $150 a wheel and just can't swing that haha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Got the new wheels and tires, should be getting set up next week, sparcos, 15x7, but I removed the lettering. Was gonna get them powder coated bronze but they wanted $150 a wheel and just can't swing that haha

Gross that sucks* got mine done $80 per wheel by a vendor of Prismatic powder coatings here in Mn. Good luck....they would look awesome in bronze....or a gold Rubbed bronze like I did. Seeing them in person is the way to see their true potential shining in the Sun too! Good luck...search around or go to Prismatics website.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Gross that sucks* got mine done $80 per wheel by a vendor of Prismatic powder coatings here in Mn. Good luck....they would look awesome in bronze....or a gold Rubbed bronze like I did. Seeing them in person is the way to see their true potential shining in the Sun too! Good luck...search around or go to Prismatics website.

That would be so much better like 750 for 5 wheels when I barely paid that much for them by themselves is just a lot. There are probably some cheaper places, I'd just have to drive and hour+ to get to them from where I'm at. I'm contemplating rattle canning them haha.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That would be so much better like 750 for 5 wheels when I barely paid that much for them by themselves is just a lot. There are probably some cheaper places, I'd just have to drive and hour+ to get to them from where I'm at. I'm contemplating rattle canning them haha.

Na don't rattle can them! Do them right if your gonna go for a different color! They will serve you well for many moons!

Na don't rattle can them! Do them right if your gonna go for a different color! They will serve you well for many moons!

You right, I'm just excited to have finally pulled the trigger. I got some help coming out to help me put all the stuff I have for my car on with some time off in the next coming weeks. I've literally had an exhaust since 2017 i haven't been able to put on, among other purchases.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
You right, I'm just excited to have finally pulled the trigger. I got some help coming out to help me put all the stuff I have for my car on with some time off in the next coming weeks. I've literally had an exhaust since 2017 i haven't been able to put on, among other purchases.

Glad I'm not the only one who buys stuff and then doesn't install it.. BTW if you can get somewhere with a lift for the exhaust install, especially the DP, it'll save you a great many curse words.